So you think powder is hard to find? Look for an upright freezer!

Luckily we are good on freezers now.
I wrap all my own meat with 2 layers of quality butcher paper and have never had issues with freezer burn etc., we've even pulled some out at 3 years old.

We don't like deer meat very much and had some 2 year old frozen packages left so we donated them to Cat Tails, a feline zoo near Spokane and we got to see a huge cougar eat some of it that was thawed out in a micro wave for the cat's consumption. As the cat munched on the deer meat, juices ran down from the cat's chin. Powerful premolar teeth easily sheared thru 2 inch thick pieces of warmed up (body temp) deer meat.

No waste!

Good thing I bought another one before Covid hit because the 350 lbs of butchered moose meat had to go somewhere! With a little luck, a nice fat whitetail will need to squeeze in there too.

While we are on the subject - how long do you store game meat in your freezers?
Any meat left over gets canned before the start of the next season to free up room in the freezer it can be stored for up to 20 years with no refrigeration

The only one I could find a couple of months ago when mine went out was at Lowe's. It's made by a company called Midea. I had never heard of them but had no choice but to buy it.

All major appliances are on backorder.

Although many are manufactured here many parts come from overseas. Freezers were the first to run out, by people who needed to freeze the bunch of 20lb bags of chicken they bought going crazy on covid panic mode.

In my business we are short on appliances and they are taking from 2 to 3 months or longer to come in when it took two weeks in pre covid times.

I will say this, if you have an appliance whether it's a washer, dryer, range, fridge or freezer that is giving you trouble or on its last leg, order a replacement now, or you'll be wishing you did later.

Stay safe all

Canned meat. I'm going to look this up. I guess I never heard of such a thing
57FE03C5-6940-4B12-90CF-A9B0266D4D84.jpeg

Assorted veggies chicken bear pork deer I like a little variety With chicken I especially like to smoke the meat first just gives it more flavor

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.