So if I could build my 375/338 Lapua Mag. Improved again...

Rockfish Dave

So if I were to do my 375 build again I'd build off of a cheytac action b/c it would allow me to load the crazy long brass solids in a magazine. The added benefit is it would be less expensive than my current build with these components... maybe after I finish my current projects?

Stiller Action
Stillers Precision Firearms, Hunting
Stillers Precision Firearms
tac338.jpg

Chassis
Mirage ULR Stocks Page
CheyTac_XLD_RightSide_Small.jpg

Trigger
2 Stage Rem 700 Trigger | Best Remington 700 Triggers and Muzzle Brakes
Remington700Triggers.jpg

Barrel
Bartlein Barrels, Inc. - Main Page
Gain twist with starting at 1:11 and ending at 1:9.75 Heavy Varmint with 8 flutes

Muzzle brake:
https://www.americanprecisionarms.com/products-page/muzzlebrakes/gen-ii-fat-bastard/
Gen_II_Fat_Bastard-294x215.jpg

Rings
Search our events/products and add to your shopping cart

Scope Base
MurphyPrecision.com - Scope Bases, Rings, and Assorted Shooting Accessories.

Just thought I'd share... :)

I've pondered that particular cartridge several times over the past year.... What velocities are you seeing out of it?

That Mirage chassis is something i've never seen before, I kinda like it. What makes you want to go mag fed?

I've heard a ton of good reports about the Huber trigger but i've never had my hands on one.

t

I've pondered that particular cartridge several times over the past year.... What velocities are you seeing out of it?

That Mirage chassis is something i've never seen before, I kinda like it. What makes you want to go mag fed?

I've heard a ton of good reports about the Huber trigger but i've never had my hands on one.

t

The 250gr barnes ttsx are running around 3200 on fire forming loads. Still working up loads on the 350gr SMK's.
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/375-338-lapua-magnum-improved-load-data-138727/

The 350 brass solids have a over all length of around 4.2 inches.

As for magazine? Just because :)

Just received a reply from ULR. They want just over $2k for the chassis. That is 2x more than the long action... oh well, it looks like I'll continue to run what I have.

Thank you for the link, there's some interesting info in there. I never would have guessed 4350 would have performed at all!

I completely understand the "because I can/want" part. That plays a pretty big role in all of my builds, I'll cheers to that :cool:

t

Well I just received clarification on why the chassis cost is 2x more:

"
Our original LA is $1025 single color / $825 unpainted. We are tentatively planning to discontinue the original line sometime this summer. It's a really good chassis, but we don't offer it in .408/.375. If we didn't have the new line of chassis, we would be having a price increase on our first generation line.

LRZ (LA) in our latest generation which we call our "Z line" is $1600/$1400. This line was developed for extreme field use and has a much more rigid connection for the front tube and includes all our latest modifications on the rear slider with a thumb wheel added for easier recoil pad movement and dual/interchangeable swivel/QD sling attachements. The upgraded rear slider works with either system, but would add $50 if ordered with the original design.

Our LTACZ .408/375 chassis uses larger base stock and takes substantially longer time to machine than the smaller LA's. That is the main reason. Additionally, the magazine costs are about $125 more than LA mags."

Also anyone know of other manufacturers that offer Cheytac 408 actions with a Lapua Magnum bolt face?

So far I have found:

Stiller Tactical in CT repeater and single shot
Bat 'L' single shot

I'm also trying to find Cheytac bottom metal... just wanting to flesh this out and see if there it is something that tickles my fancy enough to pursue further.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.