Snowy Mountain Rifle Co.

gebhardt02

I'd like to use this thread to introduce myself as a Snowy Mountain Rifle Co. outside sales rep. I've just joined the company and am excited to be a part of their team. SMR has been a sponsor of Longrangehunting.com for a few years now although prior to just before joining their team, I hadn't heard much if anything about them.
I'm sure many other people haven't heard of SMR either, so I'll do a quick description of our services. SMR is a full custom rifle shop and can build pretty much anything a customer would like. I spent an entire day prior to joining the team learning about their operation and speaking in-depth with one of the owners, Jason Rigby, who is also one of the gunsmiths.
SMR generally use Benchmark and Lilja barrels but can also order nearly any other barrel manufacture a customer would prefer. One of the spec rifles that's intended as an entry level custom rifle, the Paladin, uses a Snowy Mountain Rifles action fitted with either a Benchmark or Lilja barrel into a Bell and Carlson M40 style stock. For the components this rifle is built with, the price is pretty darn good. The new SMR 3600 actions are built by one of the best in the business, Glen Harrison, owner of Defiance Machine.
SMR also has other spec. rifles but once again, can build pretty much anything a customer would like. We also utilize McMillan, Manners and Russo stocks and Jewell or Timney triggers. If you are interested in pricing out a rifle, please give me a call so we can work out the details and make sure everything is best suited to your application and price point.
Other than building custom rifles, we also sell a variety of items including but not limited to Nightforce and Vortex optics, Suppressors from Surefire, Yankee Hill, and Gem-tech, tactical nylon gear, and a variety of knives.
I will be working with their web developers on updating the web site with a more user-friendly appearance and features as well as higher quality pictures and product descriptions. Bear with us a while until we get it sorted out please. We want to make sure the web site gives viewers everything they would expect in a highly dedicated company.
Please check out our web site at www.snowymountainrifles.com . You may also send me an email at [email protected] or give me a call at 406-480-4900 and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
On a personal note, I have about 16 years of service in the Army with a combination of active duty and National Guard. I am still serving in the NG and waiting on my Captain promotion. I have been to Afghanistan in 2003 and Iraq and Kuwait in 2011/2012. I've been shooting rifles since I was in 3rd grade and custom rifles since 2002. I try to compete in at least one big tactical match per year and I also use my match rifle for hunting deer, Antelope, coyotes, and prairie dogs. My wife also shoots in competition and also uses her match rifle for hunting.
Geb

Ed,

I live in GF! My cell is from the Eastern side as that was the home front, but we now reside in GF. Glad to see another LRH member from here.

Geb

Last time I came through Great Falls, I had a campfire steak at Eddie's Supper Club. Maybe we can all meet there if the place is still open..:D

Trying to put a trip together to spend some time with a good friend in Sidney in the spring. That's a bit east of you guys, but what's a few more hours travel time...
I'll be sure to let you know.

Bumping this thread to let everybody know that SMR is a full custom rifle shop so if you are thinking about building a new rifle, modifying your current rifle, or just need some consultation, SMR will be happy to help you out.

Give me a call if you are even just shopping around for the best prices or to get a quote. The quote is free and incurs no obligation. I'm more than happy to discuss your needs and we'll make sure that every aspect of your rifle is how you want it.

Thank you.

Geb
[email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.