Snow!!

tt35

Snow!! We got two to three inches of fresh snow overnight. I couldn't help getting out for a few stands in the snow this morning. I opened the first stand with a Female Yodel Howl on the FoxPro Shockwave then went to a fairly quiet Lightning Jack. At about five minutes this nice male comes bounding above the sage looking for the rabbit. Federal copper plated two's took most of the running gear out from under him at about 18 yards and a 65 grain V-max from the .243AI finished the job. (Much less expensive than the shotshells!)

Judging from the sign, I bumped a couple more on the way to my second stand and, as usual, the next two stands in the direction they left were blanks as was the last stand. Decided I better get responsible and get some work done. (I hate it when that happens!)

Nothing like calling dogs in the snow.:D I was coming over to Burns area this weekend but my buddy canceled. Over 65,000 acres of private ranch land to hunt and my hunting partner keeps canceling on me. :rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.