Snoring

Had no idea sleep apnea was so dangerous. Though it just made you tired.
Very dangerous, it puts massive stress on your body. The doctor explained it as someone choking you out every time you have an apnea, which in my case is 107-112 times an hour, you stop breathing or your not getting air. What a difference a CPAP machine made, I can't sleep without one now or i end up with massive headaches which before I was chalking up to my bad allergies but now I know it was lack of oxygen all night.

Amen, amen. Amen to this post! Dont ignore this if you have a bad snoring problem! Get a sleep study done!
I've done 4 sleep studies actually it was 2 actual studies the first time I got a CPAP or the next CPAP but unfortunately I did not sleep long enough for them to set it and had to go through it twice each time

Gaboon vipers supposed to have the longest fangs. No thanks for me.
I have bad sleep apnea too and got a cpap setup and after trying it for 30days I was so tired I couldn't get though the day without a nap. I would wake in the morning and take the mask off and then sleep for 3 or 4 more hrs. Cpap literally wore me out.
Shep

I went to AK to moose hunt a couple of years back with a friend who lives there. We took his jet boat down the Tanana river. The water was really low and was the color of chocolate milk and his depth finder wasn't working. Really bad combination. I was really uncomfortable with it. We beached the boat at about 30 mph. We ended up having to make a quick camp on the side of the river. Looked like we would get eaten by bears if we camped there. I spooned my 44 mag the whole night. My friend snored so loud that I didn't sleep. He sounded like the largest bear in the woods and I don't think anything was willing to brave walking into our camp. Luckily, his gps was working and we were able to follow it back up the river to avoid the shallow water the next morning. We put the boat back on the trailer and pulled it down the Elliot hwy to Manly. The weather was way too warm and we didn't get a moose. Only saw cows and calves. We drove through Fairbanks and it was 80 degrees. People were walking through town in t-shirts and shorts.

I also use a C-Pap but have never found a set up that works well out camping/hunting. Tried the inverter/battery setup in Idaho a couple years ago , very poor performance in cold weather. Would charge batterie(s) up every evening with my generator and they wouldn't last 6-7 hrs at the cold temps. Have you found a solution to these situations ?
708, are you using the battery power in a RV?

I also use a C-Pap but have never found a set up that works well out camping/hunting. Tried the inverter/battery setup in Idaho a couple years ago , very poor performance in cold weather. Would charge batterie(s) up every evening with my generator and they wouldn't last 6-7 hrs at the cold temps. Have you found a solution to these situations ?

Batteries are affected by the cold. Bring an icechest/cooler whatever they are called to put your battery in, to insulate it from the cold. Really cold, then put a couple of heated rocks wrapped in towels in the cooler with the battery.

The solo hunting thread got me thinking. I was once told that some animals may hear snoring as dangerous or, worse, threatening. Well, I snore. This seems ridiculous as I'm typing but I sure wouldn't want Bigfoot attacking me while I'm sleeping or, maybe more legitimately, a mountain lion, for example. Thoughts?

Thanks.
I've been in a situation where my hunting partner snored so loud it kept me awake all night. We had a small tent outside of my camper we stored some of our equipment in. The following night it also had a cot and his sleeping bag. If that wasn't enough, I ended having to close the roof vents on my camper to block the sound being emitted from the tent before I could sleep! People like you need to get an apparatus to stop your snoring or you will not get invited on the next hunt.

708, are you using the battery power in a RV?
Beings most C-pap machines run on 12V, you don't need to use an inverter. All you're doing with the inverter is converting to 120V AC which the c-pap converts back to 12V DC. Just buy a plug that fits the DC inlet on your c-pap and attach some battery clips to the other end. Connect it to a deep cycle 12V battery and it will be good for several nights without being recharged. I actually use a 12V rechargeable external trail camera battery for mine. Your inverter takes more power to run than your c-pap does.

Beings most C-pap machines run on 12V, you don't need to use an inverter. All you're doing with the inverter is converting to 120V AC which the c-pap converts back to 12V DC. Just buy a plug that fits the DC inlet on your c-pap and attach some battery clips to the other end. Connect it to a deep cycle 12V battery and it will be good for several nights without being recharged. I actually use a 12V rechargeable external trail camera battery for mine. Your inverter takes more power to run than your c-pap does.

I just told Kathy that we have a one day old thread topic called "SNORING" with 92 posts...

93 posts. I took a cue from the Sleep Number bed commercials. Raise your head a bit with a 2nd pillow. It works. Glad cpap works for some... I could never be hooked to a machine and sleep.
To the point of the OP, if I'm in an area with critters worthy of it, the side arm helps to sleep very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaboon vipers supposed to have the longest fangs. No thanks for me.
I have bad sleep apnea too and got a cpap setup and after trying it for 30days I was so tired I couldn't get though the day without a nap. I would wake in the morning and take the mask off and then sleep for 3 or 4 more hrs. Cpap literally wore me out.
Shep
I would have complained and had the settings checked out as well as the type of mask you used. I didn't think I would ever be able to sleep with such a contraption hooked up to my face but, after I got 6 hours of deep rem sleep, I felt like I was resurrected from the land of "Grog." Sleep apnea is no joke and can kill you!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.