Sniper's Hide?

Mountain Man

Sniper\'s Hide?

http://www.snipershide.com/

anyone here ever browsed their site? they have a forum much like this one that i frequent, though still havent become a member of. although this will always be my home for shooting references, after reading some things, they appear to have a good amount of info to share. seeing as how i'm still a youngin' and wet behind the ears to long distance shooting, i'm always trying to open an ear to what ANYONE has to say, and then disect the info and make decisions from there. just curious as to how the experienced from here felt about stuff like that. i also jump on Sniper Country's site a bit too, but thats more military minded than pure long range shooting, but being ex-military, i still enjoy the jargon.

Re: Sniper\'s Hide?

Great site.. a different spin to what happens here but there are some quality guys there... You'll know who the real ones are as opposed to the wanna be's..... The only problem with that site are the ego's and guys that think they know their stuff.... but like I said you can easily identify the straight up ones. Seeing as you are ex-military you'll feel right at home. All in all it is worth joining and worth reading the discussions there!

1 of 10 huh? this one makes 2 then...... the other 8 would be which ones exactly?

*gets pencil and paper ready to begin taking notes*

I agree. Great site. I stumbled onto it about the time I found this one a few years back. Check it every day. Lots of good information though I don't contribute. My military experience and weapon of choice was a buff loaded with a few multi-kiloton boomers and some SHRAM's thrown in for good measures. Now thats "long range hunting".
shocked.gif

accuratereloading.com
thehighroad.org
benchrest.com
extremeaccuracy.com
nitroexpress.com
varminthunters.com
huntamerica.com
monstermuleys.com
longrangehunting.com
snipershide.com
tongue.gif

Met 308Hawg here. A true long-ranger. Talked me into going to the match in Montana, lots of fun. Like the hide, also, and like Skinny, visit hunt chat and pm. Haven't been in "country" for a while. Hooch and 'Lito are very informative. They know there ****. The boys here are very friendly, and helpful in ALL ways. DC being the ol curly wolf from the deep woods. Forgot to mention, everyone should get a little "Therapy" once in a while.

[ 05-02-2003: Message edited by: littletoes ]

hell yea, THIS is what i'm talking about. a plethora of available knowledge. i knew you guys would be good for it.

so much info, so little time. teach me oh great ones.

*feverishly scribbles more notes on paper*

I check in here and Coyotegods at least twice a day, sometimes more. I lurk though Snipers Hide and Sniper country a couple of times a week.

I've belonged to a lot of different boards over the years. And Moderated on a couple. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I've seemed to have burned out on a lot of the boards. Their youthful exuberance, redundancy of questions, and boasting of greatness from a lucky shot ( if you can't repeat the shot, it was pure luck ) just don't do it for me any more.

These two sites I participate in are unlike any others I've found. Their backbone of members are at the tops of their field. They can make the shot time and time again. Yet they come here and give freely of their advise and experiences to any one willing to listen.

Hunting/trapping coyotes and shooting at long range are skills that don't come quickly. But watching newbie's who are willing to stick with it and watching their skills grow over time are exciting to me.

I'm proud to be allowed to come here and listen at the feet of the Masters as they teach.

I'm partial to HuntChat.com.
grin.gif

Especially since we're under new management.
Here. The definitive place for LRH info needs.
Huntingpa.com
Predatormasters.com
and the HuntAmerica.com Long Range forum to see the latest Matchking or other flamefest.
grin.gif

Yeah,
Sniper's Hide is a good site. Been there from it's start. LowLight, the owner is a great guy and real deal as well.

Another good one for LR info is Sniper's Paradise. You have to reegister there to see the forums, but there is some good info. Many LEO and military real deal guys are there. This site is well policed for posers and trouble makers. They are not tolerated.

Celt

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.