Sniper class near NW Illinois?

Devestator

Hey does anyone know of any sniper training classes anywhere near Northwest Illinois? I tried googling it and it looks like there used to be a Blackwater training facility in Mount Carroll but now they sold it. I'm looking for an all around sniper class not just long range shooting.

does anyone know of anything near me?

The location in MT. Carrol is now called The Hollow Training Center. No sniper courses just long range. If you want a Sniper Course check out Badlands Tactical Training Center in Grandfield Okla. Darn good bunch of guys. I was there backm in 2003

I never expected it to be any length... But i live a half hour away from mt carroll so it would be easier to get there, on the other hand to go to Oklahoma ill probly need the whole week off and plane tickets, plus the 4-5-600 hundred that the class is plus all the required match ammo. Plus the long range class in mt carroll might be equivalent to the basic precision rifle badlands has.

At Badlands you shoot to a 1000 yds. Last in knew Bobby was working on going to 1200yds. The Hollow is only 600yds. When it was Impact Traning Center you could call and make an appiontment to use the 600 range on off days, but not any more. You have to join some gun club out of Chicago and all they do is 3 gun stuff no long range shooting. Needless to say i don't like the attitude there now. Seems as if there is no flexibility as before. I'll have to go and talk to Pete again this winter and see if there's been a change of heart. Where in Jo Dav. are you? I retired from Verizon so i know Jo Dav , Steph. and Carrol counties like back of my hand.

I live kind of near Pearl city. Thing is i have a place i can shoot out to 1000 yards, i just dont have a clue how to read the wind other than going to a weather app on my phone, and typing that into a ballistic calculator... so once i learn how i can practice at different distances on my own.

Illinois and sniper training classses sounds lik a bad mix. Illinois and Rahm Emanuel, Illinois and Barak Obama...maybe. Firearms...certainly not.

I digress.......:D

Were not that far apart. I' m east of Lena. If reading wind is your main goal then go to Badlands. It's 900 miles easy one day drive. Use to hunt deer around Loran . Had a deer camp just west of the tavern up on the hill.

You know there are actually organizations out there that pay you to do what you want to pay to do.

This thread has been primarily you and me. How about hooking up at Little Johns and carrying on this discussion? Just give me a time.

@ Bravo, other than the military what is there? Cuz im not goin into that... I'd like the training but i definitely dont wanna be gone for that long at a time...

@ Gary, ya I'd definitely be up for that, but im actually leaving for a week long cruise early Saturday, so it would havta be either early afternoon tomorrow or next Sunday.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.