Snake Wrangler!! 🤣😂🤣

Thought you guys might get a kick outta this. So, I'm outside today pruning low-hanging branches from a Bradford Pear Tree and I look over to my left and this fella/gal (corn snake/rat snake) is attempting to crawl past me like I wasn't even there. I grabbed a branch to chase it off and the dang thing actually crawled right up under my house.....behind the siding right below my 7 year old daughters window. Well, that just wasn't gonna do.........so I waited.....and waited....and waited.....and finally it crawled out and I managed to pin it down with a forked stick. I took it next door to neighbors barn and turned it loose inside there........after a quick photo shoot. He/she and I both will be more 'comfortable' with that new living arrangement 😇. It was actually pretty docile the entire time.
View attachment 279939View attachment 279940View attachment 279941View attachment 279942View attachment 279943View attachment 279944View attachment 279945
Sorry dude, to you and one of my daughters, I'm a lumper, not a splitter. There are only two kinds of snakes, a good snake, and a live one. I'm telling you both!

🤔🤔 Man, you lost me. Translate that for me...
My oldest daughter keeps playing with snakes. Wife and I went to visit her yesterday. A really big Boa got a hold of her by the forearm and tore it up pretty good. Fresh on my mind when I posted. We use the lumper / splitter all the time. A splitter would say there are about 20 subspecies of Canada Geese. A lumper would say there are 4, Giant, Greater, Lessor, Cackler. I am a lumper. Now, there are two kinds of snakes, a good one, and a live one. In other words any live snake is not a good one. I prefer good snakes. Most of the live snakes i encounter have fangs and a bad attitude. We help them become good snakes before they hurt someone. Does that help??

My oldest daughter keeps playing with snakes. Wife and I went to visit her yesterday. A really big Boa got a hold of her by the forearm and tore it up pretty good. Fresh on my mind when I posted. We use the lumper / splitter all the time. A splitter would say there are about 20 subspecies of Canada Geese. A lumper would say there are 4, Giant, Greater, Lessor, Cackler. I am a lumper. Now, there are two kinds of snakes, a good one, and a live one. In other words any live snake is not a good one. I prefer good snakes. Most of the live snakes i encounter have fangs and a bad attitude. We help them become good snakes before they hurt someone. Does that help??
I see. Speedy recovery wishes for your daughter.

I like snakes quite a bit and would never want to intentionally hurt one. However, if a mouse can find it's way inside my house (which they do) I'm sure that snake could, too. No thanks! 😁
I relocate nearly every snake I catch around the house but not all

Attachments

• ratler.jpg
    ratler.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 59
I have a four step process for dealing with rattlesnakes.
1.) Shoot it.
2.) Chop it into pieces.
3.) Burn the pieces.
4.) Bury the ashes.
Hey they ARE GOOD EATING! But have a LOT of rib bones. The last rattler I cooked was 67 1/2" long and 14 rattlers. Had more rattlers, but they were broke off.

Attachments

• Rattler.jpg
    Rattler.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Recent Posts