Snake 2- 338 Lapua Ack Imp

Melonited barrel is great. Time will tell as to how it helps with barrel life, but all other reports seem to indicate 2-3x. That makes it worthwhile to at least try.

Took it to MO and was banging some steel at 800 with strong wind and group (4 shots) was about 3 inches with the 285 Hornadys.

I have a couple more barrels to go off for the melonite this winter and then rework loads.

Melonited barrel is great. Time will tell as to how it helps with barrel life, but all other reports seem to indicate 2-3x. That makes it worthwhile to at least try.

Took it to MO and was banging some steel at 800 with strong wind and group (4 shots) was about 3 inches with the 285 Hornadys.

I have a couple more barrels to go off for the melonite this winter and then rework loads.

BountyHunter
Who are you sending your barrels to. I have a couple that I was going to have Melonited, (a 6.5-284 and 7mm WSM match barrels) but don't who who to trust, and some want extra $ if you don't have 5 to 10 barrels at a time.

Thanks
Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.