Smokless Muzzleloaders bullet of choice for deer with results

6.5x300 WBY

Guys i posted that i finally am joining the Modern Smokeless muzzleloader community in the next few months while my gun is being built. What i am interested in is gathering info on is what bullets and terminal performance you are getting with shot placement and distance.

I know of Pittman and arrowhead bullets as i will be shooting TO START 325GR PITTMAN AEROMAX. I will be calling to get some of the 328 gr too. Reson is i have some areas that closer shot are more possible so a tuffer bullet is desired. Also plan on getting arrowhead and getting the 325 gr version of theirs to play with. Is there others besides these 2 that has the BC these 2 do thats worth considering?

What has your experience been with the bullets you shoot and your point of aim and what has been your performance?

I calked pittman and spoke to the man and he actually didnt recommend aiming at bone because of destruction of everything in its path.

Thanks guys just getting more info for when my SML gets here.
Brian

Shot one small doe with the 300 grain Arrowhead bullet at about 60 yards. Angled through and hit the opposite shoulder, breaking the upper leg bone and pushing the scapula out through the hide. Ruined the whole front quarter on that side. I agree, don't hit bone

I have shot six bucks with Pittman Accumax over the last couple years. One with the 325, the rest with 300s. Shot distance for all has been between 175 and 240 yards. Two bucks went less than 20 yards staggering shot behind the shoulder with 2 inch exits. The other four DRT when they hit shoulder either going in or coming out, and it was destroyed. They are devastating bullets and Kyle is a top shelf person to deal with. My speeds are right at 2850, 1-20 twist Brux 26 inch barrel.

I have shot six bucks with Pittman Accumax over the last couple years. One with the 325, the rest with 300s. Shot distance for all has been between 175 and 240 yards. Two bucks went less than 20 yards staggering shot behind the shoulder with 2 inch exits. The other four DRT when they hit shoulder either going in or coming out, and it was destroyed. They are devastating bullets and Kyle is a top shelf person to deal with. My speeds are right at 2850, 1-20 twist Brux 26 inch barrel.
Thank you k thats a perfect explanation of what i was looking for. Kyle is a fantastic person to deal with. Called him to ask a question and we spoke for over a half hour. Great guy. Getting 325 accumaxe's and will be ordering some 303 and 328 accumax hardcores to play with.

Deputy how was your performance on deer and where did you hit the deer. Point of shoulder or classic behind the shoulder?
42C986C3-51E4-4F0C-BC82-7E54E66FC274.jpeg75ED6B86-EB42-4E7E-A3B4-57FE2055AD06.jpeg6880092B-66E8-4D6C-98F8-140D463D96C1.jpeg6D761D19-95F2-4DC1-8D15-2A12229ED381.jpeg
Shot distance was 174 yards and she was "quartering to". She winded me and got nervous and I went ahead and took the shot I had (CVA conversion). Muzzle velocity was in the 2,480's and the impact literally made her stand straight up on her hind legs. This was the Fury 275gr Star Tip 'MZ'.

Has anyone tried or debated about trying a hammer bullet in a smokeless muzzleloader? Seems like a good combination to reduce meat damage with the big bullets at high velocities. I don't have a SML but have been debating about getting a barrel spun up for my bighorn origin to hunt the late muzzleloader season here in Wisconsin.

Has anyone tried or debated about trying a hammer bullet in a smokeless muzzleloader?

I have not.

For your consideration (below)…..note the response by member 'hillbill' in the thread.