Smokeless powder question

WhiteOak

When powder clumps from moisture , is it useless ?
This has not happen , just curious about contamination .
Thanks

Sometimes static electricity will cause clumping. If it happens wipe your powder measure down with a dry drier sheet borrowed from your wife, Or buy your own box and throw in a couple sheets in the brass tumbler when it's running. Really cuts down on the fine dust.

Powder clumps fairly regularly. I see it with Retumbo most of the time. The powder is fine. Give it a couple shakes to break up the clumps and use it.

Powder clumps fairly regularly. I see it with Retumbo most of the time. The powder is fine. Give it a couple shakes to break up the clumps and use it.

Had the same experience with Retumbo once, but it performed fine. The smell of bad powder is unique, smell a new can and you will be able to tell the difference between some that has gone bad.

OK thanks , are we talking about moisture clumping ( to break it apart ) or all of the above ?
I'm not having any problems, I wanting to know for future reference. !

Thanks for the replies!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.