• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Smokeless muzzleloader savage prefit/accessories

Longshot284

For sale is an Arrowhead 45 cal smokeless muzzleloader Savage (small shank) prefit. The barrel has an Arrowhead tac-radial brake contoured to the barrel. It is 24" long to the end of the brake. Sale includes (20) primer modules/Arrowhead breach plug system and (9) of Arrowheads 300gr XLD small NSR bullets. Also included is a 45 caliber VLD seating stem. Roughly 100 rounds fired total. It has only shot 65gr of H4198 which sends the 300gr XLD at 2625fps easily sub-MOA.

Barrel was cerakoted at home with a gunmetal gray/white blend. Has some scuffs from a barrel vice and from shooting/hunting. This is a Preferred Barrel brand barrel but does accept the size small NSR bullets from Luke.

$550 delivered.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 268
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 238
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 269
Will this work with standard small shank savage action or does it need a savage muzzleloader action

This works on any savage small shank. It's as simple as rebarreling any savage using the nut. Really a slick set up

how do you headspace it or just screw it all the way on? and what are the primer modules? they hold the 209 (?) primer. good for one firing or multiple?

I'm intrigued and have a axis action just laying here.

how do you headspace it or just screw it all the way on? and what are the primer modules? they hold the 209 (?) primer. good for one firing or multiple?

I'm intrigued and have a axis action just laying here.
So the headspacing is just like any other savage rebarrel. I have a modified primer module that will go with it and that's the gauge - simply thread it in until it stops, back it off a hair, and tighten the nut.
The modules are essentially a #1 case head like a 308 Winchester with a small nipple that goes into the breech plug. You prime them with a regular large rifle or large rifle Mag primer on your reloading press. I deprive them with a small hammer and a decamping rod out of a reloading die.

do you know the contour? or can you post the measurements for it thanks
This is a Preferred barrel with their taperless contour of .900" - diagram from their website below.

Attachments

• D2C8CCBE-6908-460E-B64C-4E0BC978AF05.jpeg
    D2C8CCBE-6908-460E-B64C-4E0BC978AF05.jpeg
    16.4 KB · Views: 25