Smokeless muzzleloader recommendations

I wish smokeless ML's were legal for ML hunting seasons in my state.

I wish I could find power and primers to buy for it.

I wish...
I sent you message on my profile about binoculars. I accepted the offer but I can't private message you either for some reason

I'll second Hankins conversions. 5 or 6 years ago he converted the Rem muzzleloader on a 700 action to smokeless. New barrel and ignition system. Great gun. Shoots 3" 5 shot groups at 350 yds. It is heavy. Best suited to stand hunting. Using 275 gr Parker bullets (no sabot) anIMR 4198 pwder.

It was Remington's Ultimate muzzleloader, just released about 5- 7 years ago. I never fired it as built. Just bought one and sent it to Hankins for conversion. Got back a great barrel, bedding, a good ignition system and a die to form bullets to the barrel. My load produces 2800 fps out of the barrel.
Remington had the chance to use Lothar Walther barrels, yet chose to use a much lessor barrel, theirs. Shame....
As someone else may have mentioned, I don't believe Hankins messes with RUM conversions anymore.

I do know LR Customs is still converting RUM's, but I think Arrowhead stopped. Bestill Creations isn't taking on any new bolt build customers and is booked with builds to sometime in 2022.

I had my BP Xpress converted to 45cal by Bestill Creations LLC. Its insanely accurate with a Rock Creek barrel.
I have H4198 but just never shoot it. I prefer shooting heavier 300gr+ bullets. I shoot both Benchmark and IMR 8208 XBR @ 2,900fps+ with 300gr Arrowhead XLD bullets and a .400BC. It shoots the same bullet with BH209, also insanely accurate.

I wish smokeless ML's were legal for ML hunting seasons in my state.

I wish I could find power and primers to buy for it.

I wish...
Although SML may not be legal during a dedicated muzzleloader season, if your state has a general season where CF rifles are allowed, it very well could be legal then.
Buy the way, it'll be the best shooting BH209 rifle you've shot...... :)

Don't do the 45 70 scout conversion at this time. I have 2 buddy's that bought theirs 2 yrs ago. Awesome shooters out to 300 yds. Something has changed in the barrels this year. Several people are having problems with the bore being uniform diameter all the way thru Makes it impossible to shoot them without sabots very accurately. Hope CVA make a change those are perfect hunting guns out to 300 yds

In my opinion you can't beat an Arrowhead muzzle loader. Luke builds some incredible guns and knows his stuff. I met Luke a couple years ago and it turns out he lives right down the street from me. He is a wealth of knowledge and you won't find a nicer guy. He built me a 7 saum and is working on a 6.5 prc right now. We shoot together about once a week and his muzzle loaders shoot like rifles. I hit the gong at 1040 yards with his muzzle loader on the first try!

X2 on Arrowhead muzzleloader. I have one built on a rem 700 action. 300 gr bullet 2950 FPS easy .5 moa gun. Have shot it out to 600 several times. Very pleased but it's heavy

still looking for a smokeless muzzleloader
There's one for sale on MM.

F/S Custom Smokeless muzzleloader .45 cal
Remington Stainless Steel 700 short action.
Fluted spiral bolt by Jeff Hankins.
Brux #17 stainless steel barrel 1-20 twist. The barrel is in the original stainless from brux. There are scratches on it. I never got around to bead blasting this one. The bead blasting takes the scratches out.
Hankin's ignition system (breech plug and 20 brass modules).
HS precision green with black webby stock with aluminum bedding block.
Bottom metal is black matte.
No attachment for ramrod. I didn't want it. I prefer the collapsible ramrod from Hankins.

The gun is in excellent condition. Total shot rounds estimated between 75-100. Bore is spotless. I only shot IMR 4198 powder in the gun. Bullets were Parker 275gr and Pittman Accumax 250gr. Both shot extremely well.

The gun currently has an aluminum scope base with vortex precision rings (30mm .97 height I believe). The scope is a GPO 4x 6-24X50 reticle is MOA. Information for the scope is in the link below. Exposed target turrets. It is a fantastic scope. I have the original box and paperwork. Also has 1 Free individualized Kenton turret if I can find the certificate that went with the scope.

PASSION 4X 6-24×50, reticle – MOA | GPO USA

Gun w/out base, rings and scope. $ 1900 plus shipping.............. I'D GO WITH THIS MYSELF

Gun with base, rings and scope. $ 2400 plus shipping

I am want a smokeless muzzleloader. I'm looking for around 300yds
I have a tc encore with pellets
I have looked into the arrowhead barrel
I strongly suggest the Hankins conversion. I have one that was a CVA scout V2 and it shoots amazing. Ragged 1 hole groups at 100 yards. I personally have taken a whitetail with it at 302 yards last year. 275 grain Pittman bullet allegedly going 2550. (Chrono says a bit otherwise) but not to far off. Love the gun. Cleaning is a breeze. I'll never go back. ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE GUN. Have taken deer at 165, 208,233 and 302 yards. Good luck

Axisworks builds a mean ML.

Sitting here at the range as we speak with one. To be honest, I was a bit nervous to shoot it at first. I have had it in my safe for about 2 months and have shied away from bringing it out.
A buddy has one, and he brought it to a local steel range, and let me load it shoot it several times, and really eased my mind. We were hammering steel out to 717 with it. So talk about a boost in confidence.

So, here I sit at the range, I have my checklist so I don't blow my rifle up or face off. I triple checked everything, and shots #1&2 are high, but touching at 100.
20210613_084706.jpg

20210613_084710.jpg

20210613_085759.jpg

Those are some big holes...
20210613_085807.jpg

Dial down 14.25MOA and right 5.25MOA, and shot 3 more. Adjusted up 2, right 1 and called it good.
20210613_094950.jpg

20210613_100521.jpg

20210613_100528.jpg

20210613_093547.jpg

20210613_094219.jpg

Axisworks builds a mean ML.

Sitting here at the range as we speak with one. To be honest, I was a bit nervous to shoot it at first. I have had it in my safe for about 2 months and have shied away from bringing it out.
A buddy has one, and he brought it to a local steel range, and let me load it shoot it several times, and really eased my mind. We were hammering steel out to 717 with it. So talk about a boost in confidence.

So, here I sit at the range, I have my checklist so I don't blow my rifle up or face off. I triple checked everything, and shots #1&2 are high, but touching at 100.
View attachment 279391
View attachment 279392
View attachment 279393
Those are some big holes...
View attachment 279394

Dial down 14.25MOA and right 5.25MOA, and shot 3 more. Adjusted up 2, right 1 and called it good.
View attachment 279396
View attachment 279397
View attachment 279398
View attachment 279399
View attachment 279400Very nice.

That's either the Pittman Aeromax or the P
1AFEA237-9733-4F2A-A086-52EE64FD9045.jpeg
arker.....both absolutely hammer stuff. I'm getting the same velocity with 73.5g of 4198 the Pittman 325. I just put new glass on mine, so a trip to the range is in order. My rig weighs right at 9lbs, without the scope, and she pounds me pretty good.