Smokeless Build?

Looking at piecing together a custom bolt action smokeless muzzleloader by next fall. I've looked at Bestill, Hankins and Arrowhead. Where should I start?
I very much doubt you will get Bestill (Jeff) to build you a bolt action SML. Jeff mentioned that unless you are a previous customer, he's not building bolt action SML's for new clients. Now..... that may have changed but I highly doubt it. Last I knew he's booked out for next year too.
Arrowhead and LR Customs would be my choice. Nothing against any other builder, just at this time those would be my choices to suggest.

If you want one by next fall your order should have already been placed.. these guys are backed way up on builds.. check out Jr Shultz at Shultz precision rifles as well

IMG_20201223_121908377.jpg
IMG_20200105_205545176_HDR.jpg

Couple bucks I've taken with mine. 1 at 250 yards and the other at 410 yards. It's a 700ml action with a prefit McGowen barrel and an Arrowhead BP. It shoots 1/2 moa out to 600 which is the furthest I've gone with it so far. I shoot the 300gr Pittman Aeromax bullets 2850fps with 68 grains IMR4198.

Last year I was in your shoes and did the same thing as you.... I asked here and got great advice from ENCORE. I contacted his recommended builders and bought an Arrowhead ML that I truly love! I was lucky enough to find that Luke had a couple built and ready to go. I bought it last year and was successful in NM on an elk hunt. The gun shoots fantastic!!! It consistently shoots well under 1 moa out to 600 yards. Luke was great to work with also. However, after I bought it I customized it further with some parts from Jeff Hankins. Jeff is also very easy to talk to and his customer service is second to none. With all of that being said, I feel you would get a ML from either guy that you would be glad to own, I just don't know what their wait times are like at the moment.

Last edited: