Smoked nuts and cheese

Pulled hams from the brine today they will go in the smokehouse tonight would be mighty tasty with some smoked cheese may have to go to town a get a block what type turns out the best
I am partial to sharp or extra sharp cheddar. I use a 1lb block and quartered it. I like fruit woods but use what you have. You just got to check it every 5 minutes or as needed. I put aluminum foil down and poked holes in it with a fork. At the top temp at 150, 45 minutes it was ready. Turned them 9 times. They will sweat and that's what grabs that smoke flavor. They will get soft. Wrap them in cellophane and toss in the fridge for a while.

Thanks we will be trying it the last hour the hams are on
If you have a smokehouse, not sure how to do that but, some use cheesecloth and find the coolest place in there. 150° is what I hit when they were getting soft and I pulled them. Just monitor if trying the smokehouse....let us know!

For you Texans, you might know of this treat....
Goes good with anything.

Attachments

• 20201219_182314.jpg
    20201219_182314.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
My buddy that smoke the cheese also smoked the corned beef. I think he just got the corned beef on sale like after St Patty's Day cheap and then smoke and froze it. He's do the same for the cheese and then take them while he was hunting.
Smoked corned beef is the base for pastrami when the right spice mix is used.

Well Bob the cheese turned out great we did the sharp cheddar and some provolone I am still not sure about smoking my nuts though will have to give it some more thought Thanks again

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts