• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Smith & Wesson Performance Center 460 XVR

mkf350

This is a like new (300 rds through it) S&W Performance Center 460 XVR with original PC case. It is in like new condition Very smooth action, great trigger pull and very accurate.
Louisville, KY

Also includes:
1-Hornady carbide 4 die set
50-Barnes 200gr XPB bullets
43-loaded rounds with Barnes XPB bullets w/box (7 pcs fired brass)
41-loaded roundes with Hornady 240gr HP mag bullets w/box
100-Brand new pcs 460mag Starline brass

$1150+shipping to you ffl
or possible trade on ar or nightforce 5-22 scope

Thanks for looking, any questions please email me .... [email protected]

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

Last edited:
Added info because of some questions asked via pm....

The S&W PC 460 XVR has a 12" Barrel with NO brake. Which some prefer for less muzzle blast to the shooter.

The length and weight of this gun as well as the great recoil absorbing grip tame the recoil of this round considerably. In fact this is more pleasurable to shoot than my Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley in 44 mag with heavy loads.

It is chambered in Smith's .460 Magnum cartridge which is a lengthened 454 Casull round operating at slightly less pressure than the Casull.

45 Colt, 454 Casull and .460 S&W mag can be fired from this gun. .44mag CANNOT be fired.

Shooting 45 colts is equivalent to target 38 loads in a 357 mag.

Bullet weights range from 200gr to 400+gr loads

Reason for selling is fund the Glass for a long range rifle.(Nightforce)

I shot mostly the 200gr Barnes at approx 2100fps(these can be pushed faster but this gave me the best accuracy) with 1" group at 100yds when topped with my leupold 2-8x scope.