smartphone through spotting scope

Wide Glide

I'm curious if anyone is doing this at the range for photo or video? I have never tried anything like this but there has been about a million times that I wish I had. My main use would be to Snap photos after each shot when doing ladder test and to spot misses With video when trying to get on paper.

With the use of something as simple as the Carson Hookupz you're good to go.
Universal 2.0 smartphone optics adapter fits nearly all smartphones & phablets like the iPhone XS/XSMax/X/8+/8/7+/7 with cases up to 3.75 inches wide

The HookUpz 2.0 is compatible with smartphones and phablets like the iiPhone XS/XS Max, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S Plus and Samsung Galaxy models with cases up to 3.75 inches wide.

Using the HookUpz Smartphone Adapters With Multiple Camera Phones:

• For Apple iPhone X users, if you encounter a black screen effect when digitally zooming - we recommend you use upgrade to at least iOS 12. If you don't wish to upgrade your iOS, only digitally zoom after you lock the focus and exposure (hold finger on screen on center of image viewed through optic until yellow box 'AE/AF LOCK' is displayed).

• For all Apple dual camera phones (iPhone XS/XSMax/X/8+/7+), align adapter to the 1x wide-angle camera, which is the one nearest the corner. For XS Max alignment will be about 2-3 mm lower than the center of corner camera.

I bought the HookUpz three years ago. Went on a Desert Bighorn hunt and took some great pics. I was spotting for a friend who was guiding the hunt. My son enlarged the original pic for me. Ram in pic was too small to take.

Attachments

• IMG_1267.JPG
    IMG_1267.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1268.JPG
    IMG_1268.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 167
I use Phone Skope as well. I record my long shots 500-1100 yards so I can see where the bullet hits on the plates, since we cannot go out to the targets at our range. Saves a lot of shots, and helps determine where it lands on the plate when building turret data.

I took this with a phone scope adapter at 1000 yardsView attachment 209525
How hard is it to get good crisp focus? I cant believe I didn't connect the dots sooner, I've been considering one of these setups for a while for the range use and load development i mentioned originally while at the same time i have been trying to teach my cousin the basics of mil dot ranging little by little for a year now by verbally trying to explain it to him and he just isn't getting it. I'm betting this would help a lot.

How hard is it to get good crisp focus? I cant believe I didn't connect the dots sooner, I've been considering one of these setups for a while for the range use and load development i mentioned originally while at the same time i have been trying to teach my cousin the basics of mil dot ranging little by little for a year now by verbally trying to explain it to him and he just isn't getting it. I'm betting this would help a lot.
That is an old picture when I had an iPhone 6s Plus I have not bought one since I used that to pay it forward to a member on this site now that I have a iPhone 11 I have it all saved in my favorites just have not coughed up the cash yet but they work great the camera will focus everything works fine

Which "phone scope" adapter are you using? What power on the spotter? That video is nice and clear.

Spotting scope power is set @ 25 and then I use the zoom on the phone to get it where I want from there.

II made my own phone scope adapter by making a ring to fit the spotter eyepiece and then used some industrial double sided tape to stick it on a cheap phone case.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.