small game shoot

calib

if i were to put together a small game shoot where there would be coyotes, bobcats, rock chucks, rabbits and crows all out of ar 500 steel set at ranges from 150-600 yards would there be any interest from you guys here? this would be held most likely at miller ranch again since it turned out to be such a great spot with multiple features that we can use.

you can go and see some pictures of my last match at Sportsman's Challenge - Home

i would like to get some more shoots and some match's going so that people from the north idaho/ eastern washington areas could have events where they could get practice for hunting and competitions that they may be involved in also to give youth some trigger time in a controlled environment. i will get this posted out on some of the forums that i frequent and if i get enough interest i will get it going and now that i have all the steel we can hold this sooner than months away.

thanks,
caleb

DSCN0289.jpg

DSCN0288.jpg

Awe man, I had such a good time at your last shoot I may be headin back..:D

Jeff gun)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------lightbulb

Sounds fun, whats your thoughts n caliber restrictions?

.308 caliber and smaller, no magnums( belted, weatherby or wsm).

if we were to do a long range small game or coyote/ wolf shoot so we could stretch the range out there than i would probably consider some magnums.
that could be fun to get them out there 5-1000 or maybe a little more.

Awe man, I had such a good time at your last shoot I may be headin back..:D

Jeff gun)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------lightbulb

i am glad you had a good time at the last one broz, i don't want to have so many events that people get tired of coming to them, but it gives options to people. maybe depending on how many people we have we could shoot the course and people that want to could stay and shoot long range take the coyotes and wolf out there a ways. be easier to call corrections without the plywood being in the way

It wld even be fun to shoot both at the same time. Have two guns laid out and fore away. This would give the big guns time to cool!

that's true, do the same amount of targets and at the half way point switch over and shoot the longer range stuff with the big gun or if a guy was to stay with their first gun.

i have a total of 21 small game targets and then the wolf gives 22 targets. i dont know if i would want to run every one of the small game in case something happened, but we could put out lets say18 and the wolf out there a ways since we all know that was a fairly easy target to hit. that would give 10 targets per shooter if we ran two at a time.

Calib
I love what your doing, dates have not been good for me yet, and regret not making the last one. So yeah I'm interested in the small game, especially if there is something for the young guns. What would it take to sponsor a target? Just something to show support if I can't make it.

Broz,
If you pass through this way again, and if there is something I can do to smooth your journey let me know.

Last edited:
Broz,
If you pass through this way again, and if there is something I can do to smooth your journey let me know.

I was just thinking I should have looked you up last time through. We will keep that in mind and maybe meet up for a cup of coffee or a cold one.

Thanks!

Jeff

Calib
I love what your doing, dates have not been good for me yet, and regret not making the last one. So yeah I'm interested in the small game, especially if there is something for the young guns. What would it take to sponsor a target? Just something to show support if I can't make it.

Broz,

harperc,
thanks, i am sorry that the dates have not been the best for you yet. i am sure that we will get some dates that will work here soon. i have heard that there have been a lot of people who either spaced the date or couldnt make it to the last shoot and they are kicking them selfs now. there was a great group of people who made that shoot work well (shooters, help and sponsors). i would like to have shoots as often as there is interest in them with a decent amount of shooters. i hope that people getting a chance to come and shoot at these events get some more confidence in their gear and can hone their skills all while having fun with some good guys who enjoy the same passions.

check your messages about the target sponsorship

caleb

lets get a date nailed down for this shoot.
i am ready to set this up and get it going when you guys are ready to shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.