Small, accurate and effective muzzle brake for a 338 Lapua?

WEATHERBY460

Thinking of getting this brake from "muzzlebrakes and more" to put on a Savage LRH....the Super Baby Beast 4 port (.800" x 2.67") since my barrel will only be .750" at the muzzle.

Anyone have any experience with this brake or recommend something else? It will be a hunting rifle, so I want it to sort of be not super big hanging off the end of the barrel.

Thinking of getting this brake from "muzzlebrakes and more" to put on a Savage LRH....the Super Baby Beast 4 port (.800" x 2.67") since my barrel will only be .750" at the muzzle.

Anyone have any experience with this brake or recommend something else? It will be a hunting rifle, so I want it to sort of be not super big hanging off the end of the barrel.
The majority of my MBs are from Nathan. Call/email him and he will advise on which of his MBs work best for your rifle set-up.

I have some custom breaks on a 375 H&H and 300 Weatherby that were manufactured by Brylie Manufacturing. These are small and they really work well on these 2 big magnum light weight rifles, I was surprised at the difference.

Attachments

• Briley Muzzel Break.jpg
    Briley Muzzel Break.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 53
Generally, small brakes are less effective. You can't have your cake and eat it too. But ....... you don't always need the MOST effective brake when a less effective brake will do and may be more esthetically pleasing. I have 2 VAIS brakes where I was more concerned with how the rifle looked than I was with recoil reduction.

On the big slammers I have Kirby's Pain Killer (PK) brakes and they really work well but are butt ugly like most other slab brakes.

This is what I chose. I wanted to keep the front sight on my 375 H&H.

Attachments

• M70_Alaskan.JPG
    M70_Alaskan.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 67

You will not be disappointed with one of Muzzlebrakes and more's brakes. Nathan is an awesome guy & he knows his stuff. The muzzlebrake comparison tests he does on his recoil sled on youtube is impressive. I have a smokeless .45 muzzleloader that I'm sending 275gr .453 bullets at 2606 avg fps MV so I needed a really good brake. I got his 5 port Titanium Beast Brake. I am super pleased with it & I can shoot for hrs without the recoil kickin my ***.

Look into Vais brake. Don't know if they go that big diameter, but I have one on my 300 RUM that is contoured to my bbl, and with 210 gr @3050 fps, comfortable off the bench...

Look into Vais brake. Don't know if they go that big diameter, but I have one on my 300 RUM that is contoured to my bbl, and with 210 gr @3050 fps, comfortable off the bench...
I was lookin into Vias brakes recently for a custom build I have goin on. They are not avail anymore that I know of. I just ran across a company that makes the same brake as the VIas, but I can't remember the dang name offhand. Its a really good brake ( for a radial brake ).

I don't think that the Vais break is available anymore. Just did some checking , one "rumor" has it that the shop was wiped out by a tornado???? To bad, unless you were shooting prone, they were efficient, looked like part of the barrel if blended properly, and affordable... rsbhunter

I don't think that the Vais break is available anymore. Just did some checking , one "rumor" has it that the shop was wiped out by a tornado???? To bad, unless you were shooting prone, they were efficient, looked like part of the barrel if blended properly, and affordable... rsbhunter
Yep, the shop is DONE! I tried contacting the guy that owns it but he doesn't answer the phone & can't leave messages. Midway USA sold them too, but, no more. My gunsmith told me that he would make me a Vias Brake to match my custom barrel if thats what I wanted & couldn't find it. He thinks its a really good radial brake too. I benchrest shoot ot hunt. NO - prone shooting. I just looked through my bookmarks to find this, heres the link for future reference.