slugs

dirtboy

I've shot one box of these hornady sst slugs,but not at the range of more than 100yrds. I seen on the box it state only 6'' of drop at 200 yrds. What does my gun have to be zeroed at to shoot that. Anyone hear shooting these at longrange?gun)lightbulb

I know of one 206 yard kill with these slugs. Not sure what distance they were sighted for. I have read that flyers are common with these slugs and my shotgun bore this out. I could put 2 maybe 3 in a 2 to 2.5 inch cluster and then invariably another shot would open the group up. My gun loves Winchester Platinum tips and killed a nice big doe at 167 laser measured yards last year.

Best of luck,

HawkeyeFan

I used remmington core loks before and ran out of them. I was told their not making them anymore. So I'm looking for a new longer distance accurate 2/3'' slug. Is it me or slugs really went up in price..lol! Their just as much as my 30-378 ammo if not more. It would be nice to reload slugs..:)gun)lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.