Slow Motion video of 338 Berger 300gr vs Deer

aroshtr

I thought some of you guys would like to watch a quick clip of a buck a friend shot this weekend. He shot it with my 338 Allen Xpress. I was really shocked to watch this in slow motion. If you can try to watch it on full HD resolution.

Last edited by a moderator:
The shot was only at 295 yards.

We did not find an exit. We ended up quartering it without gutting, so we did not inspect the chect cavity from the inside. There was a lot of damage on the entry side, and three ribs were completely broke way up high by the backstraps. The off-side shoulder was still fine, and we figured there was no exit since from the shot angle the far shoulder would have been where the exit hole should have been.

Haha..nice! If you watch really close you can see the wave of energy going up the deer to the head. When it gets to the deeds head you can see the dust getting knocked off of the deeds head.

OTM Tactical, and I just got a picture message of the copper jacket that was found in the shoulder.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.