SLOOW powders!!!

Hello T3 - Yes, the thread is older but it really helped me gel some information together in my mind much faster.

If I could readily purchase the components I read about, it would not matter as much, but in the current situation, it really helps to be able to find "similar" feature powders rather then honing in on one just to find out it is out of stock everywhere.

Interestingly, GS Custom bullets has a burn rate chart on their web site which could be interpreted to read that Nobel makes a batch, tests it, and then OEM supplies it to the powder suppliers, sorting it to part numbers by burn rate, temp stability and other specs.

Of course, it also could be interpreted that clever suppliers have uniquely focused their products to be ideal for specific applications, and laddered their products to out spec the other guys as well, but I am not so sure.

Hello T3 - Yes, the thread is older but it really helped me gel some information together in my mind much faster.

If I could readily purchase the components I read about, it would not matter as much, but in the current situation, it really helps to be able to find "similar" feature powders rather then honing in on one just to find out it is out of stock everywhere.

////////.

That's one good thing about the stuff that can be found on here. If it is true today it will be true a hundred years from now if you can get the items. Course the rankings etc. of burn rates and other non absolute items will change over time. Good luck on getting to the level where you can get what you need. When you land on a great load buy a lifetime supply of items. Being 72 it don't deplete items when I do it.....lol

I have to drive 3 hrs round trip to the range so I only go shoot right before the CO ELK trip every year and that is just to check for scope POI. < 10 rounds per year including fowling rounds. Good luck. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.