Sling for a Magpul PRS?

BackZebra

I have literally be searching for weeks to find a sling to mount to my Magpul PRS. I bought this gun already put together and I don't know if I can mount one of the plates to clip a sling to between the stock and the lower.

I know the PRS has the sling loops where you could loop a sling through. The problem is that most of the quality slings for an AR has the clips on it that you can just clip into something to mount the sling. I've been looking at the Magpul MS3 sling but don't want to drop bank on a sling until I know for sure how I am going to attach it to my rifle.

Any help????

I have literally be searching for weeks to find a sling to mount to my Magpul PRS. I bought this gun already put together and I don't know if I can mount one of the plates to clip a sling to between the stock and the lower.

I know the PRS has the sling loops where you could loop a sling through. The problem is that most of the quality slings for an AR has the clips on it that you can just clip into something to mount the sling. I've been looking at the Magpul MS3 sling but don't want to drop bank on a sling until I know for sure how I am going to attach it to my rifle.

Any help????

here you go.

AR-15/M16 PRS STOCK QD SLING ADAPTER | Brownells

Jon

I'll let you know that I have called several companies and even attempted to contact Magpul themselves by email and phone. No one has had a viable answer to this question. Now I just have to find a company with a QD sling in stock.

I did get an email back from Echo Guns, LLC. yesterday. I've been emailing the owner who is exceptionally nice and has been helpful. Some of these companies don't have a clue how far customer service will get you.

I have the same stock, however no sling and I don't want one. What I thought you might want to know is the loop for the sling can be removed and located on the opposite side of the stock. Didn't know if you knew that. Good luck with the sling issue.

I do understand that. I was wanting a sling as this gun will be my coyote gun when I can add a sling to it. Our season will open back up here in about another week and a half. The gun now weighs in at about 16 pounds with a full magazine. I didn't try to make it light. I really don't want to lug that into the field without a sling.

I already have a nice sling for it and I have ordered the piece I need to add the sling, however, I'm getting hosed by the company. Cascadia Armament Design is who originally made this part and I thought I'd order from a small company before ordering from like Brownell's. It has now been a month and I haven't seen the part. I have tried calling and emailing and no contact. The only way I have been in contact with them is contacting the owner on AR15.com. He has sent me 1 message a week and a half ago saying my part was going to be shipped last Monday. I have yet to see the part. I'm more than frustrated at this point.

I hate to admit it but Cascadia Armament Design (CAD) is one of the biggest jokes and ripoffs in the gun industry today! I ordered from them almost 2 months ago and the owner refuses to return anyone's phone calls or emails. You are immediately charged for the product through the web site and then you hear nothing.

I had to join the AR15.com forum to try to contact the owner. After a couple weeks went by I got a response saying that he just got a new batch in from the anodizer and the shipments were ready to go out on Monday. That was over a month ago.

I have since had to file a dispute with my credit card company to reverse the charges. I have read and heard from COUNTLESS people who have had this same thing happen to them. This is not a way to run a business!

Brownell's also sells a product like this but they never have theirs in stock either. I'm tempted to pay the money and change out my stock just so I can get a sling on it.

I made two orders from them (probably a month apart) and got the products in about a weeks time frame both times.

Sorry you had a crappy experience with them.

Don't give up on your prs yet. slings go on them pretty easy. All you have to do is put the sling attachment point on the side you want it on.

I am looking for a sling that has plastic(?) coated clips to attach to my Colt M4 sling swivels. I need them to be silent while deer hunting. Any suggestions?

joseph

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.