Sling…

nksmfamjp

Looking for a cuff sling that carries muzzle down on the front side and can be quickly tensioned as a hasty sling or slightly slower as a cuff sling. Also want to be able to pull tight when carrying.

Looking at the Armageddon precision rifle sling and the SAP one. Which is better? Others I should consider?

sling mounts are QD on side of stock. Bolt rifle 24".

Well, tested the SAP. Thee we metal slider is ok when you pull straight on it. It binds up at a small angle…..and it clanks on your scope, bottom metal, stock, etc. I don't think I can make it work in the field at all.

Is it me or are some of these slings just loud.

All I want is
to carry my rifle on my front side
shoot with a cuff support
bungi for hasty sling and cushion during carry
Slider to pull it tight and adjust cuff to stock tightness.

I'm going to try to test the Armageddon Gear vs the TIS Quick Cuff. In my basement dry fire, this TIS seems like a winner, but no bungi and harder to adjust.....and the separate cuff.

Maybe some multicam rocket tape will silence the plastic buckle.

At the range, the Armageddon Gear worked well. Quick into the cuff, easy to tighten, no extra cuff. I'll keep it, I think.

I own the TIS, so it stay on my other rifle.

Well, tested the SAP. Thee we metal slider is ok when you pull straight on it. It binds up at a small angle…..and it clanks on your scope, bottom metal, stock, etc. I don't think I can make it work in the field at all.

Is it me or are some of these slings just loud.

All I want is
to carry my rifle on my front side
shoot with a cuff support
bungi for hasty sling and cushion during carry
Slider to pull it tight and adjust cuff to stock tightness.
Use 100mph tape or duct tape on the metal to reduce noise and to tape up any extra. I personally like the SAP sling. Combines the best of a two point sling and allows old school use of the sling for steadying/bracing the rifle if you're shooting kneeling, sitting or standing without any kind of sticks or bipod/tripod.