Slim picking finally got one,17 WSM went in where stick is no exit drt.

Ohlongarm

Called her in this am,75 yards. Whitetail fawn distress,also answering the call were two raptors,bald eagle,and red tail.
dirt bag.jpg

To the many who say that round can't kill a yote, it sure looks like it did.
The WSM will drop any coyote on planet earth,if one knows its' limits,and shot placement is key.I'd feel comfy shooting one at 150 yards,but I'd probably take a head or neck shot,easily accomplished,as i practice on eggs at 100 and hit easily. Mind you i've a 4x16 Weaver Grand Slam.I'll test the round thoroughly this winter and see what happens. This week is groundhog hunting ,just acquired a 500 acre parcel ,permission to hunt,and it's loaded.If successful pics to follow. No pics generally means you missed,or didn't even go hunting.This yote took a Hornady 20 grain V-max @3000fps.

Ohiolongarm , you seem to have good luck with your 17's they are impressive although in the wind I encounter where I live they tend to wander some . We may have gusty winds for weeks on end .

Ohiolongarm , you seem to have good luck with your 17's they are impressive although in the wind I encounter where I live they tend to wander some . We may have gusty winds for weeks on end .
That's where when you know the rounds limitations you adjust accordingly, and practice in winds that you may encounter. The WSM has it's limitations, but I know what they are and compensate.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.