Sleeping bag/ quilt temp rating for September Elk.

camelman

I know this has been discussed but I couldn't find the answer that suited me.
I'm looking for a quilt for the early season. Pretty much any state, just September elk. I'm a super hot sleeper and my current quilt is a 0 degree and it's kept me toasty all the way down to -15.
I'm currently looking at a EE 30 degree revelation quilt, I figure I can always layer if the temps drop. My early season shelter is a seekoutside DST so the goal is stay pretty minimal until a storm is forecasted. Thanks for the help.

I ran an EE Enigma 0 degree last September in Wyoming at 7000-10,000 feet and was happy to have the extra insulation, but I'm a cold sleeper. I would think the Revelation would be able to cover a wider temperature range since you can completely open the footbox. The biggest problem with September is that it could be 80 degrees today and 20 degrees tomorrow. If you already know you can take a Revelation quilt about 15 degrees below the advertised rating then I would think a 30 degree would cover MOST September nights, and like you said, you can always layer if the weather takes a turn.

Evening temps depending on elevation dipped down to just around freezing (early Sep).

I used a 17 degree down bag and had zero issues.