Sleeping Bag Help

jaw719

I can't come to a decision and need some guidance here. I am deciding between three bags (Nemo Sonic, Feathered Friends Raven 10, and Western Mountaineering Kodiak MF)

I put a premium on comfort, I can't stand being shoved into a tight mummy bag. I need to be able to move around. Also, packability is important because our elk hunt this fall will most likely be a pack-in hunt. We are going to try and truck camp but need to be prepared to hike in.

Cost isn't too much of a factor, because I don't want to die in the middle of the night because I wanted to save a few bucks. I believe in the "buy once, cry once" philosophy.

I have for yrs.used a mil- surplus goose down bag.used water sealer on outer cover,heavy but good sleep.is important.I have slept on ground in 2' of sno.

The only mil bag I would use would be the bivvy sack (actually pretty good), all the actual sleeping bags sucks. I've used marmot, sierra designs, north face, and currently have two Nemo bags that I love.

I was a mountain climber, also done the parts App trail several time in the winter. Go to web sites for mountain climbing and backpacking. You can get a -20 good goose that weighs like a lb and compacts into less tha 1ft sq. There are models out now that have several layers(bags) that combine to the temp you are at.

Both Feathered Friends and Western Mountaineering are top-shelf long-term investments. Check the dimensions for a comfortable fit. WM can be had with a right-hand zipper, if that's important.

I just picked up a Nemo Riff 15*.
has some nice features. I'll roll it out on top
Of an Exped Synmat UL Winter LW, & that'll be on top of a ground sheet.
May even pick up a pillow, or use my Puffy.
A good night sleep in the back country is
A must !!

I can't come to a decision and need some guidance here. I am deciding between three bags (Nemo Sonic, Feathered Friends Raven 10, and Western Mountaineering Kodiak MF)

I put a premium on comfort, I can't stand being shoved into a tight mummy bag. I need to be able to move around. Also, packability is important because our elk hunt this fall will most likely be a pack-in hunt. We are going to try and truck camp but need to be prepared to hike in.

Cost isn't too much of a factor, because I don't want to die in the middle of the night because I wanted to save a few bucks. I believe in the "buy once, cry once" philosophy.
I bought the new BIG AGNES SIDEWINDER TALL.

For side sleepers, super light and all the room you can expect from a lightweight bag.

I just bought a nemo sonic 0 degree bag standard length. I havent slept in it yet but it was cozy to try in the living room a couple weeks ago. Im 5'10" and 195 pounds. If you are any bigger then me then the regular length bag will be to small. It packs down nice and small.