Sizing die problem

Some good comments here. Chambering case mouths before sizing will always help.

I've made identical dings in case mouths on occasion. If my case is not slid all the way into the shell holder and I raise the ram it can catch the decapper or expander off center and leave a ding exactly like your photo.
In my case haste made waste not saying that's what happened to yours. How many cases has this happened to?

Hope you get it figured out.

Of the ones with dings in the case neck probably not , I think I've already run all of those through the FL die after the issue with the neck die. I do have another box of 100 that I haven't messed with yet but I don't think they are dinged up at all if you were just wondering what the GWT brass looks like I could get you a picture of those.

The more I think about it the less I like the idea of buying a new press just for the lee die. It is definitely my favorite sizing dieBut I can't justify the cost. Just for the ability to use that die I am looking at $200 for a new press plus $80 for the large series die set $20 for a new ultra mount plate.... yeah that price includes a nice new prayers but at this point I think I've probably got 20 different die sets that are all set up with the Lee quick change bushingsThat my two lee breech lock challenger presses use. Pretty sure I could get a good size or die that is compatible with my current price for half of that or less.

I will have to put some serious thought into that luckily I've got a few hundred pieces of brass and I don't shoot this rifle all that much so I have a little time before I will be forced to make a decision

I wonder if that big boss II has a bigger opening than the breach lock challenger? It would be nice to not have to tilt a round and feed the bullet tip up into the die to slide the brass into the case holder during seating
I like my Redding ultra mag press

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.