Sized case won’t fit

Is the decapping pin stopping the case clearing bottom the die. Did you measure the case length. Some magnum case stretch around the belt. Remington cases in my 7MAG, Winchester is good no problems. Never tried Nosler

I like Redding dies but in the past I had purchased 250 sav imp die . The cases at the neck were not tight could move the bullet back and forth. Found out it was the wrong expander ball .26 not .25 from the factory? Had called Redding got a cock and Bull story from them.

Well guys thanks for all the advice. The shoulder bump is right where I want it, the cases are not primed, I have the die/shellholder interface as far as they can go. I don't want to have two sets of brass if possible, I know that will be a problem at some point and most likely when it really matters. I contacted Redding and they offered to look at the die etc but really had no useful information that was not already mentioned on this thread. Soooo... in conclusion Larry Wilson Die is on the way. I might add that the person at Redding said there have been issues with the Larry Wilson Die method but not much help on what the issues were. Again thanks for sharing your knowledge/expertise
I hate to tell you this since you seem so convinced you want brass sized to fit either rifle, but that is going to give you REALLY short brass life. It is not very difficult to have two MTM cases, one for each rifle and mark them clearly. Also, I never go hunting without test chambering all of the ammo I am going to use in any rifle. I do not want a chambering issue while hunting.

I never FL size my magnum hunting ammo. If you take a once fired case and put it back in the same gun it will chamber easily. If you neck size it, same thing, easy chambering. In belted mags, I have loaded and neck sized cases as many as 10 times BEFORE I had to bump the shoulder back at all. Most cases I can get 15 loadings out of and I never anneal. By using the same brass in the same gun, I have NEVER had to FL size a case to get it to feed easily. The issue with FL sizing Belted magnums is when you squeeze the case back down that much the brass has to go somewhere. It either pushes up to the neck, thus donuts and more trimming and it also pushes down to the Belt. After 2 or 3 FL sizings they get very tight to chamber because you are growing the diameter of the case at the belt, thus the need for the Larry Willis, not Wilson, die. There is no advantage to FL sizing for a hunting rifle if you test feed the ammo and keep the brass separated by gun.

Well guys thanks for all the advice. The shoulder bump is right where I want it, the cases are not primed, I have the die/shellholder interface as far as they can go. I don't want to have two sets of brass if possible, I know that will be a problem at some point and most likely when it really matters. I contacted Redding and they offered to look at the die etc but really had no useful information that was not already mentioned on this thread. Soooo... in conclusion Larry Wilson Die is on the way. I might add that the person at Redding said there have been issues with the Larry Wilson Die method but not much help on what the issues were. Again thanks for sharing your knowledge/expertise

Did you buy an LE Wilson dies or Larry Willis dies like below?

Collet resizing die 1.jpg
Collet sizing die 2.jpg

Last edited:
I do not believe small base dies will solve the problem. See post #12 submitted by dok7mm. I use the Willis die on a 300 Weatherby magnum and it works very well. Google Larry Willis Innovative Technologies. The die is expensive but works.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.