Sitka pants question

TBuckus

Looking into getting some Ascent pants and wondering about sizing.
I am a 32" waist, sometimes pushing 33". How accurate are the waist sizing?

I have had bad luck in the past with ordering a 34 and feeling like a gangsta with them feeling very loose.
I wish these companies would make items in sizes every inch. ALthough I know it's a money thing.

They are pretty close to normal sizing however, I seem to find them being just a bit on the smaller side. Not much but if I was in between sizes, I'd go to the next one up.

Randy

That's what I was afraid of.
A friend has a pair in 34 and they were too loose for my comfort.

Thanks for the info.

I'm in the same boat as you TBuckus. I'm between a 32 and 33. All the Sitka pants in 32 fit me great.

Andy

I find that the Sitka pants have just enough stretch that you should be fine with the 32 inch pants.

Update;
Finally a pair of hunting pants that fit me perfectly. Looking forward to wearing them this season.

I find that the Sitka pants have just enough stretch that you should be fine with the 32 inch pants.

I would agree with this. The size is a bit snugger than my jeans, but the ability to stretch more than makes up for the slightly smaller size. This is true for me and I have really big legs so buying your normal size should work for most people. However, I still went one size up because I couldn't afford a second pair and will sometimes need to wear pretty thick base layers under them.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.