Sitka Gear

I wore Kuiu clothing for years and it is very good. I still think Kuiu Yukon gaiters are the best there is. That said, I have watched my better half get insanely-close to elk wearing Sitka Open County camo that I finally told her she had to put her bow down and start hunting with a spear. Needless to say, I have been wearing Sitka Open Country exclusively for the past several seasons. I too have been able to get waay close to elk that I'm a believer in that pattern.

I am a fan. My son and I use both Sitka and Kuiu. Both great stuff. My son is hard on gear and the Sitka seems to hold up better. He still thinks he is playing college football. Lol! Had a bit of a run in with Kuiu customer service but got it ironed out with some persuasive communications.

My wife and I do a TON of backpack hunting and off the grid excursions, and we primarily run Sitka gear. If you have a good friend network, someone will be able to hook you up with a discount code - or watch for sales on sites like Mountain Archery. They tend to get lots of closeouts and year old merchandise that Sitka wants to get moved. Regardless of year purchased or where purchased, they have been amazing customer service. They've always taken care of us if something failed - which has been few and far between instances.

I have ran sitka stuff for a long time, pretty decent gear. Big fan of what stone glacier is doing now though. But also look at mountaineer brands, they have been doing high end mountain gear for longer.

I am looking at getting some new outerwear. I had my eye on some of the stuff made by Sitka. I was wondering if anybody has tried it out or knows anything about Sitka gear? Or if you have any other recomendations on good outerwear? I am not afriad to pay a bit more for good gear so long as I know it will preform.
Hesselson's, Inc. In Elmira Heights, NY is running it at 50% off right now.