Sitka Gear

mtelkhntr78

I am looking at getting some new outerwear. I had my eye on some of the stuff made by Sitka. I was wondering if anybody has tried it out or knows anything about Sitka gear? Or if you have any other recomendations on good outerwear? I am not afriad to pay a bit more for good gear so long as I know it will preform.

from what I've heard Sitka is extremly good gear, but it comes for more than a "bit" extra. At least from where I've seen it you can drop $1k CAD on just a good pant/jacket combo. Mind you thats the cold weather stuff. Im content with my army surplus gear.

I can't say enough about Sitka gear ... the stuff is awesome. I have a couple sets that I have bought at the end of the year on closeout. If you are really serious I know a place right now that has is at 20% off.

I have not worn any of the new real warm stuff. I have put together gear that works for spot and stalk here in our canyons. It is great if you are moving ... very giving material and very light weight. I love the way that it is designed so you can access pockets without removing your pack.

This year I tried out one of the Sitka packs and hauled two hind quarters and one back strap of a whitetail out of a nasty canyon with no problem. It might be a little small for an elk hunt ... unless you boned it out.

You won't regret buying Sitka ... !

Never hunted Montana in Nov, I'm just guessing that it could be fairly cold. I would say go with a set of the base layers and then the 90% over that.

I'm huning Colorado in Sept and plan on the light base layer and Asent pants and zip-t. I'll bring the vest along for those chilly mornings.

Give Scott and Sagecreek Outfitters a call see if he has any sitka left over still. You'll just have to google sagecreek and my webmaster wont let me on that site to get the number for you.

The ascent pants have a durible water resistant treatment to them. So they will work if its just sprinkleing or walking through some wet grass. They are synthetic so they dry super fast. The Nimbus are completely water proof.

I got a couple of different pieces of Sitka gear that I ordered last week. So far I am impressed. It is Light, tough, and very comfortable. However I am cautiously optomistic about its warmth. The Celcius jacket I have seems like a really light coat. Like I said though I am staying optomistic and hitting "The I Believe" button that it will keep me warm. All the hundreds of differnt reviews I have read all say that it has kept them warm so I am going to give it a try. The wool is still coming with me on my Elk hunt this fall though...just in case.

I picked up a bunch of Sitka gear this year so this fall it will get a workout. I'll be bringing my wool along as well just in case but so far on some shed hunting trips this stuff is awesome.

I just got back from my Achery Elk hunt back in MT. Let me tell you what a great time! I had my Sitka gear on head to toe and i wanted to give a report on the stuff.
I was using my 90% pant and jacket and the base layer stuff under that.
Overall i liked the gear alot.

Durability- Very good. I spent alot of time crawling around looking for blood, climbing over trees and fences and it doesnt look like it even left my house. A ratingfor durability.

Cold weather- One day a front came thru and it got down right chilly, in fact it snowed and the wind was blowing like a mutha. I know the 90% isnt for real cold weather but it did ok, Not great just ok. Wind protection was fair but if I was on the move and in the trees I was very comfy. So C+ for cold rating.

Warm weather- The rest of the time was warm, Mid 70s high. the vents on the coat were great and the underlayers were very breathable. B

Comfort- Very good. I put a ton of miles down and the gear was light and very easy to move in. Didnt slow me down a bit. I was very happy with that aspect.

All in all good gear and i think if you can get it for a reasonable price its worth it. In a bout a month I will be trying out the Celcius Sitka gear, i will report.

I am looking at getting some new outerwear. I had my eye on some of the stuff made by Sitka. I was wondering if anybody has tried it out or knows anything about Sitka gear? Or if you have any other recomendations on good outerwear? I am not afriad to pay a bit more for good gear so long as I know it will preform.
Been using Sitka Gear for 4 years now. I have their mid weight and heavy bibs and coat along with a few accessories . Their gear is top notch and they have the best warranty in the business.

I use under armor ridge reaper stuff. They had me when at not made in China.
On a serious note, I have a bunch of hunting clothes, not all it camo.
Stone glacier, UA hunt, First lite, kings xrg stuff etc are all suitable threads for the job. If you hike, you just want something not cotton, and a proper layering system. To me, camo is not super important (imo) for most common big game, compared to function and comfort.

I have been using Sitka since they first debuted.....when they had a no questions asked lifetime warranty. I have multiple sets now in open country and subalpine. I have tried several other high end brands but keep falling back on sitka. Primary gear for me is the stormfront and then sitka layers from there (interchange with smartwool).

The only negative for me is that their warranty is not handled in house and if a repair is needed it is handled third party.

I've only got a couple of their insulation layers and they're a bit warm if moving at all. Their rain gear is second to none if tried. The Hudson bibs and jacket are by far the most wind/waterproof I've used. Duck hunting is where I've used mine and the days it's raining and cold don't keep me from going anymore.