Site has peaked my interest

Thanks for all the information this site has provided me ! From what I read it is a very friendly competitive sport. I kind of lump it together with golf and fishing, both of which are relaxing and are both at the same spectrum for expense and time required to become the best as possible. This sport however, has a handicap for the quality of the equipment required to achieve desirable personal satisfactory results ! It appears that I will probably be spending a little (lots) of money in the the future as I venture into LRH. Only question is how much will it take and how long will it take to understand the rules, jargon and synonyms to be effective and consistent in the future. Who knows where the rabbit hole ends !
Welcome from Idaho! Enjoy!

Thanks for all the information this site has provided me ! From what I read it is a very friendly competitive sport. I kind of lump it together with golf and fishing, both of which are relaxing and are both at the same spectrum for expense and time required to become the best as possible. This sport however, has a handicap for the quality of the equipment required to achieve desirable personal satisfactory results ! It appears that I will probably be spending a little (lots) of money in the the future as I venture into LRH. Only question is how much will it take and how long will it take to understand the rules, jargon and synonyms to be effective and consistent in the future. Who knows where the rabbit hole ends !
Welcome
What are your goals,what calibers, distances you want to attain. Just shooting without reloading? Hunting too? Good budget, high end 8500.00 gun, scope, and case. Low end...18-2500.00. Pick your poison. Alot of help here when you need it.

My suggestion to the site moderators to publish an acronym thread appear to have fallen on deaf ears. I've been in this sport for 35+ years. It took me forever to decipher from numerous threads and posts to learn LGS is local gun store. Not much help to the reloading and shooting processes, but helpful none-the-less when a person is trying to comprehend a post.

Welcome from Michigan!
The 300 Wby is quite capable of long range and is adequate for any North American game. A 6.5-300 Wby would be a good choice to have as well in my opinion, I like velocity!

Make sure your rifle is as solid, stable and consistent as possible. (Action, stock, trigger)
I recommend getting as good of a scope, and as solid of a mount as you can afford. You will not be sorry for that. You will need research and understand what all the options are, and which ones you need for your application. There are more opinions out there than even I can stand to read, but you must sort them out and decide for yourself.
Have fun, be safe, enjoy!

Welcome brother we will be waiting for you near the bottom

Welcome from Maryland.......but just one thing....you can't lump this sport with golf. They take up perfectly good land that could be used for hunting or a shooting range. And I never understood golf...they hit that ball and then go try to find it. If they find it, then they hit it again and chase it again. Never made sense to me. I think if you're lucky enough to find it, you should put it in your pocket and go home. 🤣

You will enjoy the journey as long as you don't get caught up in the noise. Rabbit holes for sure, but we like furry critters. If you venture into the reloading world, you will definitely be in for some serious adventures. You will need to be ready to push in all of your chips and embrace an extensive learning curve. It's worth it as long as you are humble and willing to learn. There are so many options available for rifles and optics depending on your intended purpose. Set your budget and then add another 50 percent for things you will need/want shortly after you acquire the rifle and optic. The old saying of buy once and cry once is definitely a good piece of advice
Welcome! Your definitely in the right place to start this journey.