single stage press

I have two rock chuckers and a Dillion 550B. If I was choosing again I would have a T-7 and my Dillon.

Forester if money is not an issue or get the MEC. I have the MEC after using the rockchucker and Hornady classic lock and load and the MEC is much better.

Check out panhandle precision's review of the MEC. It's very positive.

Have used RCBS, REDDING & SIMPLEX.
Out of all, the only presses I now have are the Rockchucker Supreme and the RCBS TURRET. Primer catching on either press is a PITA, but I put up with the issue.
The Redding Big Boss is a great press...if you don't have shoulder issues. I have rotator cuff issues in both shoulders, and the longer stroke of the Redding made my life difficult, so it went down the road despite the fact that it has the best primer catcher system of them all.
I would get the Redding press if I was doing it all again, then swap a shorter handle onto it.

Cheers.
:)

my first press was a Co-Ax, and bought it in 1978. Just as tight and strait today as when I took it out of the box. I also own an RCBS (a U.S. made one), and the only it sees use is for bullet pulling and one operation in case forming. The RCBS does this easier.
I'd suggest trying all the presses you can lay your hands on. That's what I did at the NRA convention. They had a long row of presses setup to size .308 military brass. All felt the same and took about the same effort except for one. That would b the Co-Ax.
gary

I have an RCBS Junior, bought second hand and well-used, that I keep for bullet seating and a Simplex (left-side loading O-ring press pretty much identical to the Lyman Crusher) that I bought very cheaply, still in the box, that I use for everything else. As stated/implied above, get a good-sized brand-name O-ring press made of cast iron and you cannot go wrong. My Simplex came with a large threaded die hole and a removable adaptor to allow the use of dies for large, i.e. African cartridges and that would also be useful if you plan to use the Hornady Locknload? adaptors.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.