Single Shot Rifle Actions

I am trying to calibrate the action measurements in the Mueller Book
Screenshot_20200526-203851_DuckDuckGo.jpg
for a 2" diameter rifle barrel with everything scaled up by the same amount. If I could find the individual measurements of the pieces I am confident that I could begin building the rifle.
20200602_183202.jpg
20200602_190910.jpg

Wv shooter, its interesting that by making modifications to the forend of the rifle(s) that a significant increase in accuracy can be achieved. It definitely makes sense I just don't know how exactly it is done, more, less, or no pressure on the barrel.

Regards

I have built Many single shot rifles on falling block rifles designed for magnum cartridges and other falling block actions designed for standard cartridges. there are several falling block actions that come to mind for you interest in the 300 or 375 H&H. The browning 1885 and the Ruger #1 that are available. Three of them were on the low wall browning/Winchester. One of my favorite rifles is A 22 K Hornet on an original 1883 low wall. And some of the magnums were a 7 RM, 7 STW, 300 win mag, 300 STW, 375 RUM, 404 Jeffery, 416 Rigby, 425 Express, 458 Win mag for a range of cartridges
And they are all very good shooters and have not given any problems.

They are however difficult and time consuming to build as Shortgrass said but extremely fun to shoot. I have also built 45/70, 45/110 and 45/120 black powder cartridge rifles on these actions
and can vouch for their strength if you want to go this way.

I have always had a love for the falling block action and just went with actions designed to do the job. I have never built one on an aftermarket action so I would not be of any help on their strength.

J E CUSTOM
Is there somewhere a person can acquire a print on a high wall action

First three search hits:

There probably is more to find by drilling deeper.

Wv shooter, its interesting that by making modifications to the forend of the rifle(s) that a significant increase in accuracy can be achieved. It definitely makes sense I just don't know how exactly it is done, more, less, or no pressure on the barrel.

Regards

375 rifleman the forearm on Ruger no 1s are held on with a hanger which has a single screw angled at 45 degrees I free float the forearm by sanding the forearm out to get clearance between the wood and barrel and bed around forearm screw.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts