Single shot pistol for Illinois

JWR07

Can anyone help my with this. Wanting to build a pistol to take to ILl. for whitetail. It must be at least 30cal with a case length not to exceed 1.4". It must also be as a factory load with published ballistic data. This means not 7.62x39 or 30AR. I have found the 300 whisper but not that impressed with 125gr ballistics out of pistol. There is a 30Bellm but I can not find anywhere that manufactures it. Any help is welcome.

I ws thinking of building this off a Bat Sv I have sitting hear from a another project. It looks like I will go with a 30Bellm, but can't find anywhere that sells this ammo? I ws thinking of the 460 but hate to try and open the bolt up to fit it.

Can anyone help my with this. Wanting to build a pistol to take to ILl. for whitetail. It must be at least 30cal with a case length not to exceed 1.4". It must also be as a factory load with published ballistic data. This means not 7.62x39 or 30AR. I have found the 300 whisper but not that impressed with 125gr ballistics out of pistol. There is a 30Bellm but I can not find anywhere that manufactures it. Any help is welcome.

.30 Wagsal fits the bill nicely...I have one in a Savage Striker. Cartridge meets all the criteria and about the same ballastics of a .308.....Good Luck

.30 Wagsal fits the bill nicely....bottle neck case ...150 gr bullet....about the same ballastics of a .308...recognised by IL Dnr....I have one in a Savage Striker...Good Luck-Old Shaky

my 14" TC encore whisper runs the 125 BTip at 2300 fps. Not to shabby and Mike Bellm often has them for sale.

He is also making the 300 Whisp-r on the 357 max case. This is a similar version of the Whisper

The 357 max as done by mike with the 180s is a potent combo also.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.