Sinclair or Stoney Point Bullet adaptor?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by TireurDelite, Sep 15, 2004.

1. TireurDelite

TireurDelite Active Member

Hello everyone,

Which one of the above is better? Never used one but was thinking of getting one to see if my group will tighten up.
    Thanks for your time.

2. TireurDelite

TireurDelite Active Member

Oops!!!

I meant bullet comparator.

3. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Writers Guild

buy the stoney point bullet comparator set with all the bushings for all calibers. Costs $26.50 Stoney Point also sells another set of bushing to measure shoulder bump for all calibers, strongly recommend them also.

Buy the Sinclair Bullet seating Depth tool to go with it. Much better than stoney point and more accurate and durable. $28.25
    www.sinclairintl.com

BH

4. johnny k.

johnny k. Well-Known Member

I'm with BH on the Stoney Point comparotor. I also got the bullet ogive comparotor that fits on your calipers with the necessary inserts. I don't own the shoulder bump adapter. Johnny K.

5. johnny k.

johnny k. Well-Known Member

Sorry bout that post. I have the Stoney Point OAL guage and bullet comp. I haven't tried the Sinclair OAL guage, so I can't say. I usually take three readings whenever I'm trying to get the cartridge OAL and they are usually all the same. Johnny K.

6. dbhostler

dbhostler Well-Known Member

I have and use both. The advantage to the Stoney Point is it has a thumb screw that fastens to your calipers.
    db