Sinclair Concentricity Gauge

You can run it through, turn 180, run it through again, lee recommends this on their collet die, many reloaders do this, collet die is mainly to go over area in between fingers, if your press ain't lined up good is only reason I can see doing on bushing die but don't see how it could hurt either. I have been rotating my case while seating but not really sure if it changes anything. I reloaded the same case 5 times with annealing each time after fired, had .002 total runout at ogive, after 5 reloadings the runout stayed exactly the same.

I don't think you can measure runout with Hornady at the neck, like other people have mentioned, drill a hole into piece of wood diameter of neck and bend it back, I have done it and you can get them pretty straight but they will not be as good making a straight bullet without adjusting it, I would not use ones you bend back for hunting or competition, it's a crap shoot, in fact the hole in wood is probably better way to do it cause it supports the whole neck rather than pushing from one side but either way has to mess with neck tension and probably and makes it uneven around the bullet. If bending bullets to be straight worked so good you wouldn't need good dies or press, the purpose of gauge is so you can correct what is causing runout, I remember bending one back when I first got gauge, kept bending till I got it straight, after that I could pretty much pull the bullet out by hand.

Recent Posts