Simple question about Rem700 actions.

Simplest way to go about it in my opinion, and this is if you don't want a 300 Ultra Mag is, find a used 300 Ultra doner action(lots of them for sale because of recoil) and buy a longer custom barrel, chamber to 300 WSM.

Now you have a LA rifle with a decent barrel at about the same price as the Sendaro in 300 WSM.

Note -
The rails on the Ultra Mag will feed the WSM case perfectly the way they are, the others WON'T. The mag box will also work, the others won't.

Choices...
smile.gif

Take a look at this while you're thinkin on it.
http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=88502&sort=7&thecat=500&password=

Dang you, I was sort of just wanting a 300 WSM, for something to play with till I got it rebarrelled to 6.5, but those are some very impressive speeds from a Short magnum. That may be more than just something to play with.....

I personally favour the M700 actions. Being that our tactical rifle of choice was a Rem M70A1 in the Marine Corps, I have grown to love these actions. I have 11 M700's and they have ALL served me well. Next to a Weatherby Mk 5 or a Howa M1500, it will be hard to find a stronger, more versatile action out there. I just had a rifle built which is a .338 Lapua Mag necked down to 7mm on my old 7 Rem Mag action and it shoots like a dream. As said above, sometimes, the action can be a little sloppy, but once it is trued, blueprinted and had the moving surfaces polished, it is a DREAM. I'm a single shot guy myself as it should only take one shot to do the job if you know your rifle, so all of my rifles are ADL models. I have one ADL which was converted to a BDL by my smithy and it, too, is flawless. So, if you buy an ADL, and later decide you want a magazine, your smithy can make it happen for you. For me, a magazine is just one more thing for me to lose! Good luck!

TH

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.