simmon's scope size?

spdcrazy

i have a savage model 110 300wm. it has an older simmones 8 point 3x9x40 scope, but i can't seem to find the size of the scope, and i don't have the tools to measure it. any idea if its a 30mm or 1in tube?

thinking of upgrading to a milett buck gold 6x25x56. couldn't be so lucky to have my rings fit it, could i?

I'm pretty sure it's 1" but you have a 40 mm bell on it. if you go to a 56 mm bell then you need to have an additional 8 mm clearance for the scope to fit. so even if the ring size was the same, you wouldn't have had enough clearance.

I'm pretty sure it's 1" but you have a 40 mm bell on it. if you go to a 56 mm bell then you need to have an additional 8 mm clearance for the scope to fit. so even if the ring size was the same, you wouldn't have had enough clearance.

good call. any way to tell what size rings i have? this would let me know what i need for the new scope!

either take a tape measure or a caliper and measure the tube. You should be able to tell the difference between 30 mm and 1". 30 millimeters is about 1.2". You must have 1" rings.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.