Simmons Blazer 6-32X 44 AO/Target Turret

baldeagle713

Thinking about butting one on my new 6.5X284 Bench rest gun. What do ya think? DO NOT BE AFRAID to give me both barrles, I'm a big boy and can take it.
grin.gif

AH heck, to late it some how found it's way onto my coyote I guess I gotta go to the range and try it. IF It works there IT just might stay there and I'll put the OLD 6-18X40 Leupold on the new 6.5.
I still would like some feed back.

[ 08-07-2003: Message edited by: baldeagle713 ]

hello

after looking through that leupold you will wish you never put that simmons blazer on your gun.
good day
THATS WHAT I CALL A COAL-HONKIE SCOPE
grin.gif

Ya! It's NOT as clear as the Leupold. The Blazer sighted in just fine BUT with the same rings that held my Leupold it only had 11 min of adjustment left which would be fine except I would like to shoot the Coyote out to at least 800. I guess it's fine for 100$. I still could shoot the head out of a dime at 100 yds with it. In fact i watched a house fly on the target. I thaught about spating it BUT Confusious say never kill fly with cannon when a fly swatter will do.
grin.gif

baldeagle,

Sounds like you had the same luck a buddy and I did with his Simmons 6-24. I sold him a brand new in the box Win. 70 Coyote in the 270 WSM. He topped it off with Weaver Rings and laid the scope in. Actually, I did all this for him.

When we went out to the range we were shooting Win. Supreme 140 grain BST's. Adjustments were made but it looked like we shot the paper with buckshot. The scope's target turrets were very sloppy to the point to where I couldn't even tell if we had made a click. The turret would slip rise and then fall into adjustment - sort of like driving over a speedbump. Finally got it shooting consistently but after 30 rounds. I checked the scope, rings, mounts, etc. had good ammo for a factory loading and really expected something better than 1.25 inches.

As you mentioned, not bad for $100 but I think I'd buy a cheaper tasco or bushnell before I'd try that junk again. Just my experience. Get a leupold and never look back!

LOL, Whell, took the rifle to the handy dandy gun smith but some Burris rings on the puppy and turned the bases around, shimmed the rear Base a bunch and gotta BEG Boyd for one or two of his spair inserts. IF all fails My Grand fauther has a saw mill and I'll get a rail road tie to shimm it with! LOL

The Leupold That WAS on the coyote is going on the 6.5X 284 in a bench rest stock that is being built for me.

[ 08-08-2003: Message edited by: baldeagle713 ]

BALDEAGLE

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO SHOOT 1000 YARDS WITH 11 MIN OF ANGLE? YOU BETTER SHIM THAT THING UP WITH A TWO BY FOUR. GOOD DAY
grin.gif

Took the rifle to the range today. Lets just say that my gun smith knows how to get the most out of a scope. Sighted it in at 100yds , NO problem. Went to 200 yds, No problem. With 40 MOA I believe it'll get out there a bit further. We'll see next time I go to the 1000 yd range.
grin.gif

Just got done shooting at 1000 yds in a switch wind. I call it a Switch wind couse it beet my butt. IN your face one minute at your back the next. The scope has enough elivation to get me down there and then some.
I had to back the power down to about 25 inorder to get threw the haze. The scope did it's job BUT I still didn't keep all ten on. Who has the salt shaker this CROW is mighty bland.
wink.gif

[ 08-16-2003: Message edited by: baldeagle713 ]

I know What I did wrong. It was not the scopes fault. It wasn't the reloaders fault. It is still ALL BOYDS FAULT!
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Just Kidding Boyd.
I messes up and I admit it. I should have made the last correction to the scope and I didn't do it. I made a bad choise. I still say shooting long range is EZ it's hitting what ya wanta hit that is the tuff part.
grin.gif

My attitude is adjusted. SO I won't do trhat again

Jody

As a suggestion.

Take that Simmons scope off your rifle, drive to the top of Hiner Run, throw that puppy as far as you can out into space and watch it fall into the trees far below.

Turn around, don't look back, get in your car and drive down to Millers or any other sports shop that have Leupold scopes and BUY ONE, new or used.

Better then that, look at the table of used equipment at the range for a leupold scope. There were 4 of them for sale that were in perfect condition this past weekend.

Later
DC
smile.gif

As an add on here------Shame, Shame, Shame on you for putting a Simmons scope on your rifle. You'd be better off strapping a Coke bottle on the top of your rifle.
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ 08-17-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Please forgive me. I'm still selling the AK style rifle BUT I just got a 8.5-25 Leupold LRT with target dot. NOW! where is that sledge hammer. I think I'll give that Simmons scope the Galiger touch!!
grin.gif

PS. the 6-18 Leupold is back on the coyote Thanks to Boyd it is bore sighted and I loaded some up and will go sight it in again.
NEVER AGAIN will I buy a Crappy scope! I have repented and hope to be forgiven.

[ 08-19-2003: Message edited by: baldeagle713 ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.