Simmions or BSA?

[ QUOTE ]
nfx made in japan? why is australia on box? good idea to dump bsa,simmons,tasco they are junk! i just didn't say it.stick with what you can afford from like burris,nikon leopold 1-2-3 series i was going to say weaver but i had one that was great optically but returned to factory 3 times before dumping (a while ago)

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think about the Leupold 3.5-10X40 Mark 4 LR/T 30mm? It is apparent that the common knowledge here is if you want to play, you gots to pay! Other leupolds, or ??. Will put it on a Rem 700 VSF 308, Thinking about Badger ordinance rail and rings. Sorry about the Simmions \ BSA questions. It just seems like you get a lot of features for a very low price. Someone must be buying these things? For .22 cal rifles? Thanks again!

bsa to badger rings and rail, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gifthey cost more than 4-5 bsa' scopes.now you got the long range bug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.giflightforce will save a few bucks in rings and bases for the luppy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gar,

The link I posted is worth a read. Leupold is good, you may want to have a look at Nikon and Zeiss Conquest also. I think there are good post here on them scopes.

Badger Rings are according to everybody and his dog the best. Have a couple of sets on order so will see.

David.

Gar my appologies from the post on the other thread you started. But I would like to comment on the BSA pistol scope. I scoped my 500 S&W with it because I wanted something cheap to play around with. After 200-300 rounds through that thumper, it has yet to lose zero. I have a friend of mine who has shot far more through his and his has never lost zero. I would recommed the BSA pistol scope to someone who wants a cheap scope that is not red dot or illuminate. It is very accurate and affordable. I believe that I spent more for the rings and mounts than I did for the scope. It was worth the money.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking to put together a long range hunting rifle. I am trying to figure out which of the following scopes would be best for me. I'm gonna stick the scope on either a Winchester or Marlim rifle. I don't expect to be hitting anything past 1/4 mile or so. The Simmions is a 6-24X50 AO TT. It's on sale at Natchez for $69. Good deal? The BSA is a 8-32X40 Mill dot. It's also TT & AO. It is $79. I don't be knowing if I be better off with something with more mag like the BSA 8-32 vs simmions 6-24 or a bigger X number like the X50 Simmions vs the X40 BSA. Is the mill dot something I should have? I will post the rifle question on the rifle \ caliber forearm. Thank ya all for any assistance ya all can be providing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a joke right?

I had to laugh when I read "This a joke right" That was my first thought when I read that post. This sight will be a rude awakening as far as the real cost to shoot & hit at long range. But after reading all of the post after that, it must be really someone asking for help on a budget. I would look in your local pawn shop or anything in your local area that people list things for sale in to find a used scope in any of the brands others have noted, or check out "ebay" Your odds of getting a good working scope will be a lot better. Good luck!!

Yea....!! it is a joke. I just read a few of the post on his other question, on what to buy. 30-30 or 35 cal. and couldn,t stop laughing.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.