Signature Zee Rings with 300RUM?

TORCHRIDER

I like Burris Signature Zee Rings and use them on most of my rifles. However, most of those rifles are mild recoiling. I am currently building a 300RUM on a savage action and am concerned about the scope slipping in the inserts. Let me know if you think they will handle the recoil OK without slipping.

Dave

it wouldn't surprise me if the inserts would have more gripping power with the same amount of torque on the ring screws because they're softer than aluminum or steel. not going to claim i know this for sure but it's my belief.

I have them on my 300RUM w/brake and I choose them because I was told the inserts give you an easier 100% contact/grip without having them polished/machined etc. (read: easier for me) and so far they have held up great...about 300 rounds over 3 years. I love em.

I like Burris Signature Zee Rings and use them on most of my rifles. However, most of those rifles are mild recoiling. I am currently building a 300RUM on a savage action and am concerned about the scope slipping in the inserts. Let me know if you think they will handle the recoil OK without slipping.

Dave
I have a set holding a 3-9x40 Vortex on a Rem 700 in 300 Ultra Mag that weighs 8.75 lbs. The rifle has 260 rds through it and the scope never moved from the time it was mounted. No muzzle brake on this rifle.

The rings will handle the recoil.

Amazing grip! I have used them on my 300 RUM unbraked, 300 RUM braked, 338-300 RUM
unbraked. I've used both, for 1" and 30mm tubes.
Just use the right torque.

Amazing grip! I have used them on my 300 RUM unbraked, 300 RUM braked, 338-300 RUM

Speaking of torque, what do you torque yours too? I tend to gorilla tighten everything.

Speaking of torque, what do you use? I tend to gorilla torque everyhting.

I've got them on almost everything. My brother has them on his 375RUM.
300RUM
2011-06-11_15-09-07_338.jpg

338EDGE
Guns1041.jpg

Brothers 375RUM
Guns015.jpg

Everyone loves them and they have a great rep.............. but......I fought and fought and moved on with my 338 edge....... Useless..... is the word coming to mind. They however were not the only well respected rings to fail on that rifle and they seem to be working fine on our 7mm which is coincidentally my new limit of expectation for them. My results clearly not typical, your milage will hopefully vary....... good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.