Sign the Petitions!! Protect Your Rights!!

SBruce

Hello fellow hunters and shooters and Merry Christmas.

It's a time of year to be happy, but alot of folks are grief ridden at the moment due to the senseless acts of evil and violence committed by a young man in Connecticut. My heart goes out to the victims and families of the victims. I know their pain. I have lost a son, and I've watched my parents loose a son, my little brother......that pain is only understandable to those who also have lost children. This post is not meant in any way, shape or form to downplay the grief felt by these people.

.........................................................................................................................

The New York Times front page portayed the Connecticut shooters mother as the culprit. Never mind the fact that she was shot dead in her home in her bed and in her pajamas while apparently still asleep. The guns used were then stollen from her!! It doesn't and wouldn't matter if they were under lock and key, because the killer could get the key pretty darn easily once his mom was out of the picture! Who knows how many felonies he committed before he ever stepped foot inside the school. It was a senseless, evil act of mass murder that is simply unimaginable to the normal mind of a normal person.

Almost immediatly after the terrible and unimaginable tragedy, the anti-gun crowd began swelling and screaming. Even people who've usually been mostly silent in the wake of terrible crimes are getting on the wagon in support of gun and magazine bans after this most recent event.
Rather than blaming the lack of a peaceful religion, or lack of virtues and values, or lack of morals and ethics of most young people these days; the gun grabbers imediately went for prohibition of "assault weapons" and high capacity magazines. Since when does a gun fire all by itself.

The anti-gun crowd is focused only on their agenda of disarming America first and foremost. They will attempt to use any tragedy; no matter how unlikely it was, no matter how unimaginable the act was, their aim is to place blame on firearms and law abiding gun owners. Most media is on the side of the anti's, we never hear about the 100's of crimes prevented every single day by armed citizens or liscensed CC people. The mainstream media simply wont report it.

The shooter could have easily taken the stollen car and hot rodded it through a playground during recess and killed just as many innocent little kids. He would have caused the same terror, the same loss of lives, the same pain to the families and community. However, with that being said, we can virtually gaurantee that not a single "gun grabber" would be attempting to blame the car in that case. Hell, someone could commit that same crime once a year for 10 years straight and they still wouldn't blame cars. There is a bigger reason for their screaming, and it's disarmament.............surely they cant be so stupid as to think the gun or type of gun is the problem. The school bombing in 1927 wasn't a result of someone getting ahold of a tommy gun, but even more people died there than in Connecticut.

Where is God? God is no longer here, because it's become politically incorrect to speak of God. We might offend someone who calls their god by a different name!! Perhaps if some peaceful religion was instilled in more younger people, they would be too afraid to commit these insane acts of violence for fear of burning in hell for eternity!

If you own or use a semi automatic of any sort, if you own or use a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, if you own or use any kind of rifle or shotgun with a pistol grip, be warned.............the anti's are going to attempt to make them illegal. You can be sure they are signing every single petition they can get their hands on, and they're writting letters to Senators and Congress. If you want to continue to enjoy shooting your AR-15 or your semi-auto handguns, you might want to join the NRA, the CCRKBA, or the NAGR or a number of other pro 2nd ammendment organizations.

We can't let the anti's be the only voice that is heard after the terrible tradgedy in Connecticut. Sign the Petitions and write your representatives, because our enemies are!!

Wishing a Merry Chrismas and Happy New Year to all.

Historically, over the years, there seem to be a fair number of us hunters who say..........That will never happen, it doesn't really affect me as a hunter anyway. They will never ban hunting guns, ect.
Well, it's probably time we as a group realize that is not the case.

With the looming gun and magazine ban talks/debates coming very soon and the UN treaty talks of disarmament and import/export regulations/changes, it's hard to say what is going to happen in the near future. But we can be assured; it's most likely going to mean the things we hunters and competition shooters use often will also become very hard to get here in the near future.

Primers and Powder??

Some might remember the Clinton era and the passage of the "Crime Bill". If you do remember, primers were nearly impossible to find on the shelves after that, and it lasted many many months, if not a couple of years. Ammo (especially for handguns) along with any kind of semi-auto was hard to find in 2009 and continued into 2010, just because of an election.
Prices on some of the things we use ALOT have done nothing but skyrocket since 1994 and will continue to do so. As for powder, well a very large amount of it is imported.........back to the UN treaty that the NRA has been warning us about for many years. If you dont remember, powder got very tough to get for a while also after the "crime bill" was enacted.

Speaking of imported goods, how about brass??

How many of us hunters and competition shooters use a cartridge that uses imported brass, Lapua or Norma for example?? Some of that is already bocoming much harder to get and there haven't even been any official policy changes yet! When they start limiting or banning imports, what are we gonna do then??

We as hunters and competitors need to be coming together and making our voices heard. All the anti-gun folks are making sure their voices are heard, you can bank on that! Even some people who have always been on the fence with gun control issues are joining the anti-gun rallies after the most recent mass murder in Connecticut. Alot of parents who have never picked a side are beginning to lean toward the other side........the side of disarmament.

If there ever was a time to speak up for our rights and our professions, our hobbies and interests, our way of life............................now is it!

SBruce, some very valid points and yes, WE should all be involved.
I am now waiting for somepinheaded bureaucrat to bring up the subject of "sniper" rifles or "tactical" rifles. Now, why on earth would any citizen want one of those??
It's coming---an all out attack on weapons period. So even if you aren't a "AR" guy, you should be concerned and GET INVOLVED.

Randy--

who is damned proud to live in Idaho

Yea, it's going to be Full Field by time it's all said and done.

Here's the latest I've heard from NAGR:

This is what Washington wants so far.
This morning, Barack Obama held a press conference confirming our greatest fears...

He's launching an all out campaign to pass comprehensive gun control:

1. A so-called "Assault Weapons" Ban,

2. A "High-Capacity" Magazine Ban, and

3. A ban on ALL Private Firearms Sales without government permission.

And he wants the legislation on his desk as early as January.

If you haven't signed your Second Amendment Protection Petition that Dudley sent to you below, please do so right away.

I have already signed this petition.

SBruce, thanks for making this post. You make alot of very good and correct points.

If we all don't act now, by making phone calls, sending emails and standing up for what we want right now, it going to be too late to do anything.

I can guarantee that they are going to make this the largest hit on the 2nd Amendment ever. So, stand up and be heard.

Guys, the lack of common sense on this issue just makes me sick! It is inconceivable all the stupidities that I read from the media and so many so called leaders. It's sickening!

My heart goes out for the victims and their family's pain. May The Lord Jesus be with them.

As has been said, the NRA did warn us but many, those that did not vote, just did not take it seriously enough. Now they won't like to see what's coming!

This morning I read that the New York Times stated that The United States Army will seek the death penalty against Staff Sgt. Robert Bales, who is accused of killing 16 civilians in Afghanistan. They say that at least 9 of the victims were children...

See, the disease has one name "A country without God!"

God has been taken out of this county in all ways and manners. America wants God to have nothing to do with us. We are not willing to invite Him in our Americanized style of life, abortion is OK, fornication is Alright, Adultery is not a big deal, our children slap us on the face and don't you touch them because the government will get involved and as a result we have what we have. A dying Nation that doesn't know it. Sin is the King. The saddest thing is that many from the pulpits are preaching as being alright the very evil things that in times past God killed a lot of people for.

The very man that we have elected as our president has no respect for the Biblical moral values that this county was founded on and now he will use all his power to leave us at the hands of evil by taking our God given rights away.

I wish I didn't have to say this but I fear we're a little too late. I do want to be wrong!!!

As Rev. Franklin Graham Said: America has rejected God

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/20/us/robert-bales-faces-death-penalty-in-afghan-massacre.html?_r=1&

This is just one of many that are floating around.

The NRA has some, the CCRKBA has some and the NAGR has some. There is even one at Whitehouse.org or something like that.

I've signed the majority of the ones I've seen.

http://www.nagr.org/obama_gun_control.aspx?pid=2a&r=20

As you said, we need to pass these on to every contact in our e-mail that are gun owners or hunters.

If every single gun owner in America was a member of at least one of the above groups, we'd have a very strong voice indeed!

So what is our most valuable organization? Where do you guys feel we should concentrate our donations and who is likely to do the most good? These days it is hard to trust anyone, but I do want to do my part.

Jeff

Jeff,

I feel that I am getting more feedback from Citizens Commitee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms or the National Association for Gun Rights than I do from the NRA.

However, the NRA is very well known.?? Tough one to answer without some more research. The first two mentioned always send me e-mails and/or letters when a new development is happening. Sometimes they even call if it's an emergency petition.

Personally, rather than "put all my eggs in one basket", I donate a smaller amount to each one and sign petitions from all three. I also get news and information from all 3 that way. Wish I knew for sure which did the most good, but I dont at the moment.

Eaglet,

Right on.

Rejection or acceptance of the infinite God of the Bible and His absolutes is ultimately the issue that each of us, as individuals and corporately as a society, must come to grips with. We all pay, now on this earth, for the sin that first entered the world with Adam and Eve many years ago and that we propagate ourselves now. We are so biblically illiterate now, we forget that an infinitely loving God created the universe 'very good' but gave us a choice to be in a perfect relationship with Him. Adam and Eve chose to rebel against God. Rebellion against God and His absolutes is called sin, and all of creation has suffered mightily since that first sin, as that sin and every sin since further corrupts what once was 'very good'. THAT is why the world is the way it is--our rebellion against God. God's plan is to restore this creation and us back to it's initial 'very good' state at a point in time of his choosing. Acceptance of God's son, Jesus, and the sacrifice he made to pardon our sins on the cross is the key to the eternal life, mentioned below, in the restored 'very good' creation. Don't miss out.

"Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life." Galatians 6:7-8

SBruce,

Thanks for this post. Petition signed. Please include a link if there are others that you believe worthy of signing. I wish I had more spare cash but, supporting the NRA with an 'extended payment' life membership is the best I can do at the moment.

Jon

Last edited:
Broz, They're all valuable unless they've been specifically shown to be otherwise. Obviously the NRA is the up front organization and probably has the greatest resources. By resources I mean not only cash but legal and political people with their areas of expertise (sp) ect.

Another group that should be near the top of one's list is your respective State gun rights organization. For me that is NYSRPA - New York State Rifle and Pistol Assoc. These folks should have their hands on and ears open to what takes place in your State Capital. For those states that are 'gun friendly' this shouldn't be too big of an issue but for me here in NY State, it is always uphill. One must keep eyes and ears open close to home because one never knows when an anti will introduce and get passed legislation that begins the erosion of rights. It is often easier for the anti's to achieve their goal at this level rather than nationally.

One thing I'm generally wary of lately is the willingness of some elected officials to cave on some points. A number of them have come out as "being open" to new regulations. Any and all politicians are ready and willing to introduce and pass a piece of legislation with their name on it, overnight if they could. Then we come to find out what was really in the bill. Sound familiar? I look at it as a small attempt to achieve the bigger picture in the long run. That is how things turned around here in NY. Many (too many) decades ago we were a gun friendly state. I know that is hard to believe. But there were national and international matches held in and around NYC. Creedmoor was one and there were others, but I digress. Over time that slowly changed to the mess we have today. They need to be told repeatedly that these rights are just that - rights and not privledges.

If I had some cash I would certainly get some to the organizations such as those SBruce listed earlier. But I would certainly do my homework before signing the check and licking the stamp. (Yes, I still have some of those stamps.) Unfortunately, the current economics won't allow too many contributions. Although I did send the balance of my NRA Life membership check earlier this week.

Today I spent time sending email to every elected official in my juristiction (sp). My State representatives have been A rated by the NRA in the past but they came out in todays paper as 'undecided' when asked about strengthening the NYS 'assault weapon ban.' That didn't sit well with me over coffee this morning hence the letter writing.

Something else to keep in mind; since last Friday, everyone has been polarized on this issue. Earlier this evening I flipped through the TV news channels to hear HOW the issue is reported and as expected, Left is left and Right is right. Just when one would sense the reporter or commentator might be trying to see the other side, dissapointment as they snap back inline and lock step with their earlier thinking.

SBruce, I've heard of those 2 organizations you mentioned earlier. I'll check them out and lend a hand where I am able. I do believe that EVERYONE should be writing to their respective congressmen and women, legislators, senators, ect and RESPECTFULLY expressing their pro gun views on a regular basis. We as gun owners need to bring to bear a volume of letters, email and other messages to their ears so as to balance out the volume the antis are likewise sending. This gun control argument is going to come down to who can keep the message out front longer and louder while being knowledgable and logical about it. Absolutely everyone on our side must maintain their composure and and make their points respectfully. Those who don't do this will risk becoming the poster child in the anti's argument that gun owners are nuts.

I know the LRH forum is all about LR hunting, shooting and related activitys but this new push for expanded gun control really does need to be addressed by us, the pro gun citizenry of this great country. I can tell you from experience that it really sucks to live in a state where we're just a few steps away from not being able to enjoy this sport.

Respectfully

Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.