Sightron warranty warning!

a few of my leupold scopes not on rifles right now, buy what you want. but I know that leupold will repair or replace any of them free of charge and pay for shipping too, no matter how-why they quit working. they even replaced a scope they made in the 50,s that fogged up. I have used there customer services several times over 50+ years and have never been disappointed. how many scope makers today will do that?

Attachments

• DSCN0966 (2).JPG
    DSCN0966 (2).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 310
I had a similar experience with my first and only Sightron.No more.
I accidently fell off a side of a mountain with a rifle with a Leupold and we both fell 100 yards(Not straight down)and landed in a creek,the Leupold still worked and was on target.I killed an elk with it and drove my truck to the kill,a friend laid it against my truck bed so I backed up to the elk to put it in and ran over my rifle and scope.
Cracked the stock and bent the Leupold.I sent it in with an explanation and they sent me a brand new scope in a fresh new box at no cost.You can't beat that.
Old Rooster

I judge a company equally to their quality to how they respond to a problem.

Lifetime warranty means Liftime, not until it is discontinued .

Years ago I had a customer come on the shop with a 3x9 Lup that let loose. He had gone to the range that morning the do a final check for his hunt.

He explained they were leaving Friday night and his budget didn't have room to buy another.

I called Leupold to find out what could be done. They asked if we had a 3x9 in stock to replace it with, we did.

We were instructed to put one on his rifle at no charge and send his back, they would replace it with a new one. The customer was shocked!

About a week later Leupold send a new scope.

I got a really nice Back Strap out of the deal and Leupold got a customer for life.

I judge a company equally to their quality to how they respond to a problem.

Lifetime warranty means Liftime, not until it is discontinued .

Years ago I had a customer come on the shop with a 3x9 Lup that let loose. He had gone to the range that morning the do a final check for his hunt.

He explained they were leaving Friday night and his budget didn't have room to buy another.

I called Leupold to find out what could be done. They asked if we had a 3x9 in stock to replace it with, we did.

We were instructed to put one on his rifle at no charge and send his back, they would replace it with a new one. The customer was shocked!

About a week later Leupold send a new scope.

I got a really nice Back Strap out of the deal and Leupold got a customer for life.

Please show me where that Sightron warranty says "warrantied against you breaking it".

You people are the exact reason I thank God everyday I am no longer in Customer Service. You want something for nothing. I could not agree more with a company taking care of a customer when the product is defective but that is not the case here. I also find all the Leupold is the greatest comments laudable with all their tracking issues. I guess it is a good thing they will give you another one when they continue to break.

Last edited:
Here's Sightron's warranty. Copied and pasted from their web site.
Sightron USA Limited Lifetime Warranty

Sightron is certain our riflescopes, binoculars and spotting scopes will line up to your high
expectations and never let you down.

The Sightron "Limited Lifetime USA Warranty" covers all Sightron Products sold and shipped within the 50 states of the United States. Should your Sightron product ever fail due to workmanship or materials simply return it to Sightron and we will repair or replace it at our option. "See Exclusions Below"

This warranty does not cover damage that occurs in shipment or failures that result from accidents, misuse, abuse, unauthorized alterations, theft, modifications and acts of God.

Note: Products shipped from the USA out of the country are considered Gray Market Products and are not covered by this warranty.

They made the scope and have published their warranty. They should either fix the scope or give him a new one of equal value. Experiences like this are why 99% of my scopes are Leupold! What I can't understand is how companies like this stay in business. Are there really enough people out there who don't do a lick of research on things before they buy? Sheesh!
Cheers,
crkckr

Please show me where that Sightron warranty says "warrantied against you breaking it".

You people are the exact reason I thank God everyday I am no longer in Customer Service. You want something for nothing. I could not agree more with a company taking care of a customer when the product is defective but that is not the case here. I also find all the Leupold is the greatest comments laudable with all there tracking issues. I guess it is a good thing they will give you another one when they continue to break.
You can thank companies like Leupold and Vortex for setting those expectations. I just recently bought my first 2 Leupolds - both VX5HDs. They are awesome. Sounds like you are a loyal Sightron guy - To each their own - there are companies out there who cover not only the scope but the customers stupidity...its awesome. Don't drop your sightron - it won't be covered.

You can thank companies like Leupold and Vortex for setting those expectations. I just recently bought my first 2 Leupolds - both VX5HDs. They are awesome. Sounds like you are a loyal Sightron guy - To each their own - there are companies out there who cover not only the scope but the customers stupidity...its awesome. Don't drop your sightron - it won't be covered.

I own zero Sightrons. They are great scopes for the money. They never let me down but I have moved on to scopes with more features I desire in a long range hunting scope but their warranty is pretty clear to me. I do not see myself ever running a Vortex on a hunting rifle. That VIP warranty does absolutely nothing for you when you are ten miles deep or in another country and it just quits working. Good luck. You have sucked me into this far too long.

I also find all the Leupold is the greatest comments laudable with all there tracking issues. I guess it is a good thing they will give you another one when they continue to break.

My thoughts exactly...Leupold gets ZERO good posts on this website as far as tracking, clarity, and quality...except when they break they are the best thing ever since Leupold will give out new ones for free...lol

Here's Sightron's warranty. Copied and pasted from their web site.
Sightron USA Limited Lifetime Warranty

Sightron is certain our riflescopes, binoculars and spotting scopes will line up to your high
expectations and never let you down.

The Sightron "Limited Lifetime USA Warranty" covers all Sightron Products sold and shipped within the 50 states of the United States. Should your Sightron product ever fail due to workmanship or materials simply return it to Sightron and we will repair or replace it at our option. "See Exclusions Below"

This warranty does not cover damage that occurs in shipment or failures that result from accidents, misuse, abuse, unauthorized alterations, theft, modifications and acts of God.

Note: Products shipped from the USA out of the country are considered Gray Market Products and are not covered by this warranty.

Now that's very interesting considering the OP isn't in the USA...

My thoughts exactly...Leupold gets ZERO good posts on this website as far as tracking, clarity, and quality...except when they break they are the best thing ever since Leupold will give out new ones for free...lol
I could **** in a box and put a guarantee on it but all I would have is a guaranteed pile of...

Good luck boys. Enjoy your Leupolds and Vortexs. I will sleep well knowing my scopes will not break.

G'day from the land of oz!

Cautionary tale here gents, So a couple of years ago I purchased a sightron s2 4-16x42 scope. It was mounted on a 17HMR rifle carefully. The scope was always a tad sticky on the mag ring but nothing that made me too suspect.

Well over the next couple of years the binding increased gradually to the point where it wouldn't allow me to go to the minimum mag at all. I was convinced by a mate to send it back because this shouldn't be happening. Also the rifle was never dropped or dinged in any way that made me suspicious of damage.

So off it goes back to sightron through my supplier, Just for me to receive that the scope is bent 1/4 inch out of spec and it cannot be repaired and as the scope is no longer made cannot be replaced.

The offer I received was for a STAC scope at a slightly discounted rate (wholesale price most likely) but this scope is 30mm and my rifle has 1 inch rings.

Further emails have basically seen them dust their hands of me.

My suggestion for folks thinking of a sightron is I suggest you find another company with a more flexible and understand warranty.

Seeya!
That sucks man.. I had a similar experience with an elevation turret breaking internally on an S3.
I sent it back for repair, and after waiting a few months contacted the company to ask where my scope was.
The manager told me he needed payment to fix the scope since he believed the turret broke from misuse.
I'd owned the scope less than a year and never so much as bumped it..
Long story short I was called a liar and forced to pay over $100 to get it back.
Never ever again would I buy a Sightron!

You people are the exact reason I thank God everyday I am no longer in Customer Service. You want something for nothing. I could not agree more with a company taking care of a customer when the product is defective but that is not the case here. I also find all the Leupold is the greatest comments laudable with all there tracking issues. I guess it is a good thing they will give you another one when they continue to break.
See above..
Sightron won't even stand behind product defect, they blame the customer and move on.
I had an ond zeiss conquest that developed a slip in the paralax knob, I sent it back and within a few weeks a brand new hd5 5-25x50 was delivered to my door.
Zeiss actually apologized that the 6-20x50 was no longer being built, so I was only getting a much nicer model for free..
That's how you treat a customer.
Sightron can get F@$#ed

I own zero Sightrons. They are great scopes for the money. They never let me down but I have moved on to scopes with more features I desire in a long range hunting scope but their warranty is pretty clear to me. I do not see myself ever running a Vortex on a hunting rifle. That VIP warranty does absolutely nothing for you when you are ten miles deep or in another country and it just quits working. Good luck. You have sucked me into this far too long.

You are wrong brother - When my horse broke my vortex, I was more than 10 miles deep. They took care of me. Would a different scope have made it through the 100ft fall with a 1300lb horse rolling on top of it? Maybe, who really knows, but I doubt it. I am new to the Leupold family, so I have no idea what their reputation in the past was, both of my VX5HDs track perfectly...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.