Sightron SIIISS 10-50x60 for bench gun?

dust

Found one about 1 hour away for $650. It is mil/mil. I would be purchasing it for a gun that will mostly be shooting paper and clay pigeon fragments at the range. I had been considering an 8-32 from a lesser company, but with my Millett LRS-1 hopefully selling today, the extra money will put me into this range. Gun has a 25 MOA base.

Thoughts? Reviews I've seen seem positive, but wanted to pick the braind of LRH.

The 10-50 Sightron is quite popular in a local 22 shoot they conduct every month in UT. Sightron glass has excellent resolving power and their turrets are very precise and repeatable. I think you'll be well pleased with it for the money.

I have been looking at scopes from the Field Target range with airguns. The other scopes I was looking at were Chinese made like Aeon, Hawke, or BSA. This will be $300 more than the others I was looking at, but I think the quality, or in the very least reputation would be worth it. I will look into Sightron warranty at lunch.

Sightron warranty is lifetime. I had to use it on a used scope I bought that was quite a few years old and they quickly replaced it for having bad glass quality.

I have 3 10-50x60, 1 8-32x56 and 2 6-24x50. Or so....

Get it if you can deal with the mil/mil.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts