Sightron SIII vs Zeiss HD5?

Midway has them. You can also ask brian from shoot long if thats where you order your scope. He can get a lot more than what is listed on his site

I am not a Vortex owner, and was never a fan, b/c I had heard the same rumors.....But every single Vortex that I've looked through were incredibly clear! Mainly for that reason, and the cheap custom turrets is why I have been eye-balling one.

Voetex is for kids.....:D

Never walk away from the light my son......Zeiss is the way and the light!!!!!!

If I had even the slightest chance to go say...elk hunting....Id get a rifle and mount one of their top tier model scopes on it. Its not the $$....its just that Id have to sit and look at it!

Voetex is for kids.....:D

Never walk away from the light my son......Zeiss is the way and the light!!!!!!

If I had even the slightest chance to go say...elk hunting....Id get a rifle and mount one of their top tier model scopes on it. Its not the $$....its just that Id have to sit and look at it!
If I could afford a $2K Razor HD, I'd spend the extra $100 and get an NF NXS 8-32x56. But alas, I can't afford either one. Or even half of either one. LOL

Hey, I'm still hardcore Zeiss...Don't forget it! But I really can't afford a $3K+ Diavari or Victory. LOL

i have both. a zeiss conquest HD5 5-25X50 AND SIGHTRON SIII 6-24X50. I THINK IMO THAT THE SIGHTRON IS A BETTER SCOPE. BETTER GLASS IT SEEMS TO BE A SHARPER IMAGE IMO, 30MM TUBE FOR BETTER LIGHT TRANSMISSION AND ALSO MORE ELEVATION ADJUSTMENT.

If I could afford a $2K Razor HD, I'd spend the extra $100 and get an NF NXS 8-32x56. But alas, I can't afford either one. Or even half of either one. LOL

Hey, I'm still hardcore Zeiss...Don't forget it! But I really can't afford a $3K+ Diavari or Victory. LOL

Nothing wrong with the Razor or the NXS. But that's comparing apples and oranges. The NXS is SFP and the Razor is FFP. Also, the Gen 1 Razor has 125 moa of elevation to 65 moa of the NXS. So...they are different tools for a similar job. I've owned a couple of NightForce scopes, a BR and an NXS, and they were great scopes. I own a couple of Vortex scopes and I'm just as pleased with them. I think it boils down to which scope has the features and reticles a guy needs.....then perhaps price comes into play after that. I would say that both NightForce and Vortex have some of the best warranties and customer service out there.....they really know how to take care of their customers. Take your pick these days....we are blessed to have more and more excellent choices in terms of optics.

BTW, Minox offers some extremely nice German, Schott, glass.....similar to that of Zeiss etc. and at extremely competitive pricing. Purchased a ZA 5 4-20X SF for a rifle I built. I found a Demo scope for just under $500....very nice scope for the money.

Wayne

P.S.

The three Sightron III's I've owned were every bit as good as my NightForce scopes in terms of image quality and repeatability........just not as heavy duty.

Which model do you want? I can get you a pretty good deal on Sightron!!

SH251336 or SH251275 $745.00

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.