Sightron SIII next scope choice????

Here's an update. My titanium shim/washer supplier got flakey on me saying that he tested the machines and couldn't get them to hold to the tolerances I requested.

So I am leaning toward the US nylon supplier. The upside is they will be made in America and once I finalize the terms with the supplier I will be willing to take preorders.

With the overseas supplier I didn't want a situation where I accepted payments and the supplier backed out with my money leaving me holding the bag. With a US based supplier I am paying for the order with my Amex, if they screw me I can easily get my money back and pay anyone back without it having to come out of my pocket.

The first order will be Zero Stop Shims for:

Capped Turrets 6-24x and 8-32x

And

Capless Turrets 6-24x and 8-32x

These may fit the 10-50x scopes but they may not, I don't have any measurements on those so... There will be a website posted this coming weekend and by then I will be accepting prepayments via paypal so people can pay with credit cards and know they won't get screwed.

Also I plan on offering these type of shims for Leupold VX3's (with these turrets
DSC_0009.jpg
)
probably as soon as there are 20 people interested or in about a month after I get everyones shims shipped out.

I have three 6x24x50 LRMOA Sightron scopes and would be interested in purchasing shims for each one. The diameter I measured on my scopes are 1.040" or 26.42mm.
Please let me know if you are able to offer these.
Thanks,
Brian

I have three 6x24x50 LRMOA Sightron scopes and would be interested in purchasing shims for each one. The diameter I measured on my scopes are 1.040" or 26.42mm.
Please let me know if you are able to offer these.
Thanks,
Brian

Yes, that's one of the two diameter sizes I am starting with.

I have had my Sightron SIII LRMD 6x24 for years. I have installed warne 20 moa rails on 2 ea 308's, 1 260, 1 6mm BR, 1 300 Rum, 1 375 H&H, and have a flat top on two different AR platforms. I move the Sightron to the gun I am shooting and dial in the 100 yard settings for that rifle. I find that I am almost always within 1/4 in of where I left it. How's that for repeatable. My SIII will shoot a flawless box and will adjust consistently even when I am Speed spinning the MOAS to go to a 700 yard setting for a standing target (I really do crank the elevation wheel sometimes, but, I know where I am going.)

I would not sell my Sightron for any reason. As a side note, call the number on the sightron website and you get a real person who will talk to you about your scope, talk about a future selection, and help out with any issues. I love the folks at the mother ship.

I think that the Sightron SIII are a great value for the money and mine has been a fine shooting scope.

rch

I just picked up my third SIII in 6 months. Two 8-32's and just got a 10-50 for $720 shipped. I've bought all of these used and for the money you can't go wrong.

I met up with a buddy yesterday that had a 8-32 Siii a Mark 4 leupold and Nikon monarch. I was able to look thru each and compare. To me me the Mark 4 may have had slightly better glass than the Siii but for the price diff it wasn't that much better. Ive been a vortex man for several years now but sightron definatly has my attention.

I have used a sightron SIII For years as well. I really enjoyed the scope it worked flawlessly. I sold the scope along with the rifle it was mounted on the finance a new toy. Purchased the Steiner military 4-16x50. much better glass, and feels solid. More tactile clicks etc. for the money you can't beat sightron. But now that I have moved up into the next price bracket $1600 + range I see that you get what you pay for. own a new Nightforce competition 15-55x52 as well. Very impressive clarity at 1000 yards. I can see my bullet holes through the scope.

SHIM UPDATE:

I posted a temporary preorder website (based on an old website I own). I setup the payment system through paypal although it also accepts credit cards if you add items to your cart then select checkout then select that you do not have a paypal account.

HAMMAR SPORTS

The American based manufacturer is lined up and I have my quote number ready to be go into production.

The material is going to be nylon (i will try to have it made in black but they are being a little annoying about that).

Please place your preorders so I can place the production order and we can all get Zero Stop Shims for our Sightron SIII's.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.