Sightron Scopes

BigPig069

I am looking at a Sightron S III for a 300 ultra mag, I am wondering on the clarity of the glass and can it handle the recoil of this round? also how do they track? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks,CMHgun)

Great glass.

Recoil tough.

Track very well.

That's the track record being reported on the Forums. I own two SIIIs, 6-24x50mm LRMDs.

Great glass.

Recoil tough.

Track very well.

That's the track record being reported on the Forums. I own two SIIIs, 6-24x50mm LRMDs.

+1 with Phortwath. I own a 6x24x50 LRMD and it's a great scope. I've been reading most of the other "which scope" posts and nothing yet has changed my mind about buying a second one in the near future. Awesome scope.

+1 with Phortwath. I own a 6x24x50 LRMD and it's a great scope. I've been reading most of the other "which scope" posts and nothing yet has changed my mind about buying a second one in the near future. Awesome scope.

I am also seriously considering this scope for a new build, but am a little concerned about the size of the dots. They seem fairly large.
Would appreciate some opinions on this from the guys who are using them....

Took awhile to find it, but here is a post that went around not too long ago. It has some pretty good pics of the reticle so you can take a look. Now, this is the only Mil Dot scope that I personally own, so it would be hard to compare it with any others. I have heard this come up before, and I just don't buy it. Take a look for yourself though.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/sightron-pics-view-thru-reticle-51755/

Moman,

Thanks for the head up on the other post. Had some good reading. I still wish Sightron had a better choice of reticles but the mill dot will certainly work. The only other options is the target dot with fine cross hairs and my eyes aren't good enough anymore for that one.

I have two sightron scopes, if I could afford to buy another scope I must say I would have to look at Huskemaw real hard. I have the S111 6-24x50 with the mil dot on my 300RUM and love it.

Great glass.

Recoil tough.

Track very well.

Well stated. +1 on the above. Own/use one SIII 6-24x50 MD, MK4 4.5-14x50 MD, MK4 6.5-20x50 TMR, and a NXS 5.5-22x56 NPR2.

For the price point, I'd regard them as very tough to beat.

It looks like Kenton makes custom knobs for them now as well.

SnBXX_blank14921.jpg

Just got the SIII 6-24x50 MD hopefully going to mount it this weekend. Here is a pretty good review comparing a nightforce and sightron side by side. Not to far away Big Pig down here in Kingsville.

FIRST LOOK: Sightron 8-32×56 Scope AccurateShooter.com Bulletin

I have both a Sightron and a NF. The Sightron is an excellent scope for the money , but I believe the NF glass as well as the scope overall is far superior. My opinion with old eyes.

I'm sure the Nightforce is far superior I was just getting at as you said a good scope for the money.

I wouldn't be so sure. Autorotate just posted his comparison of Sightron to Nightforce. He owns both and I didn't sense any far superiority.

The Sightron I have has better glass than my IOR 3-18x42mm. And IOR glass is often reported superior to Nightforce.

If this post doesn't lure the Nightforce devoted out of the woodwork - nothing will.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.