Sightron S1 3-9x40 MD

remingtonman_25_06

I was just curious on what your guys thoughts were on Sightron? The good, bad, and the ugly! I have been thinking of a new scope for my .222 Rem. Was thinking for the price, $120 that the S1, 3x9 w/mil-dot wouldn't be to bad for the triple deuce. Its main application is coyote hunting and occasional squirrel shooting. Would I be making a bad choice to go with this scope??

Put a S1 3-9 MD on my go-to gritter-getter, CZ in 223. It has worked out great! The main use is prairie dogs but its also a great calling scope. The 9x allows me to see the hits on prairie dogs and is fine enough to use to at least 500 yards. For small groups on paper a higher powered scope would be better but this scope realy works great in the field!

Glensdogs%20099.jpg

I have this scope on my 10/22 and it works great. I've killed rabbits and prairie dogs out to just over 300 yds with it.

I have a Sightron 3-9x40md that I've had for years that is now mounted on my 20" Colt CR6700A4. It's NEVER let me down in any situation. My last 3 shots with it were at a range of just over 30 yards at an LEO Officer Down call on 01Jan10. At that range, I could see the perps chest movements as he was breathing. So, cold, heat rain or snow it WORKS!